If you keep receiving the smasherup.club pop-ups offering install a questionable browsers extension, when you surf the Internet with the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer, then it could mean your personal computer is infected with adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) from the big malware family. Once started, it may install a dangerous internet browser’s extension that generates lots of advertisements or alter the browser’s settings to show advertisements on all web pages that you are opening in the web-browser, even on those web-sites where before you did not see any ads. We recommend you to clean you computer from ‘ad supported’ software and thereby get rid of smasherup.club advertisements. You need to follow the steps below as quickly as possible. It’ll get rid of the unwanted pop-up ads and protect your computer from more dangerous applications and trojans.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Google Chrome, FF, Edge and Internet Explorer by changing the internet browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the system for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you launch the browser, you will see an unwanted smasherup.club web page.
The ‘ad supported’ software is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, alters browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ‘ad supported’ software can install additional browser extensions, addons and modules that will inject advertising links within the FF, Google Chrome, IE and MS Edge’s screen. Moreover, the adware may install web-browser hijacker that once started, will change the web-browser’s homepage and search engine. And finally, the ad-supported software can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web-sites you are opening, what you are looking for the Net and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your system from the ad supported software as well as remove smasherup.club unwanted pop-up ads from the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge and other web-browsers.
How to smasherup.club pop-ups get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove smasherup.club advertisements
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, that will help you manually get rid of smasherup.club pop-up ads from the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, IE and Edge.
- Delete suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
- Get rid of smasherup.club from Google Chrome
- Get rid of smasherup.club pop-ups from Firefox
- Get rid of smasherup.club advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete smasherup.club redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the personal computer cleanup is to delete unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up your browser from ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Get rid of smasherup.club from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been modified by ad supported software.
- Now launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next, click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your internet browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage, new tab page and search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of smasherup.club pop-ups from Firefox
First, start the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of smasherup.club advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like homepage, new tab page and search engine by default to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and thereby remove the redirect to smasherup.club unwanted web page.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete smasherup.club redirect
Once the adware is started, it can also modify the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the internet browser, it will be rerouted to an annoying ads.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you launch your computer, it will show smasherup.club unwanted web-page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all tasks that have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will show a dialog box which titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the malicious software, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ programs. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
Remove smasherup.club redirect automatically
You can remove smasherup.club ads automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malware removal utility because it can easily get rid of adware, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your PC system by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the download is finished, close all windows on your system. Further, start the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown below, click the Yes button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Malwarebytes on the PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
When the setup is complete successfully, click Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main window like below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button to start checking your PC system for the malware and ad-supported software which cause the smasherup.club ads. When a threat is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished. Please be patient.
When it has finished scanning your personal computer, you can check all threats detected on your PC system. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will start removing malware and ad-supported software which cause smasherup.club redirect. When the disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system. I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the Malwarebytes to delete ad-supported software and other harmful software.
How to stop smasherup.club advertisements
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that stops access to malicious ads and web pages. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is done, press “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and block ads, smasherup.club redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with smasherup.club redirect is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot delete smasherup.club pop-up ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 18, 2020
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the utility is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button for checking your PC system for the adware that generates smasherup.club advertisements.
- Once the scan is finished, AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will display a dialog box, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step guide above on how to remove adware with AdwCleaner.
Now your machine should be free of the smasherup.club pop-up ads. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup ads and annoying dangerous pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your computer for new malware and adware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove smasherup.club advertisements from your computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.