The Readysearch.ru is a new browser hijacker from the big family of browser hijackers which affects web browsers and modifies its settings like home page, newtab page and search provider by default. It’s currently very active spreading on the Web. Many users have problems with cleaning a system from Readysearch.ru homepage and restoring the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge settings.
The Readysearch.ru hijacker usually affects only the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The PC infection will perform a scan of the system for internet browser shortcuts and alter them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you run the browser, you will see the Readysearch.ru unwanted page.
The Readysearch.ru browser hijacker infection may also modify the default search engine that will virtually block the possibility of finding information on the Web. The reason for this is that the Readysearch.ru search results may display a large number of ads, links to unwanted and ad web sites. Only the remaining part is the result of your search request, loaded from the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
Often, the PC that has been infected with Readysearch.ru hijacker, will be also infected with ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) which displays a huge number of various advertisements. It may be pop-ups, text links in the pages, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware may replace the legitimate advertisements with malicious ads that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted programs or visit the various dangerous and misleading sites.
So, it is very important to clean your computer as quickly as possible. The instructions, which is shown below, will help you to delete Readysearch.ru redirect from the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge and other internet browsers.
Table of contents
- What is Readysearch.ru
- Readysearch.ru removal tutorial
- How to remove Readysearch.ru without any software
- How to remove Readysearch.ru redirect with freeware
- Block Readysearch.ru search and other annoying web pages
- How to Readysearch.ru browser hijacker get installed onto PC
- Finish words
Readysearch.ru removal tutorial
The answer is right here on this web-page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will help you easily to free your computer of PC infection. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the computer then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware tool designed specifically to get rid of hijacker like Readysearch.ru. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or reboot your system.
How to get rid of Readysearch.ru redirect without any software
The useful removal guide for the Readysearch.ru startpage. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove Readysearch.ru let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Delete suspicious and potentially unwanted software using Windows Control Panel
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown in the figure below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as on the image below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of software installed on your PC system. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the appearance of pop-ups and web browser redirect to the annoying Readysearch.ru web-page. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of dangerous programs by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as shown below.
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown on the screen below.
You will see a list of software installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the software that were installed last. Most likely they responsibility for the appearance of advertisements and internet browser redirect. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. When the application which you need to remove is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ as shown below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Readysearch.ru homepage
Right click on the shortcut of infected web-browser as shown below.
Select the “Properties” option and it’ll display a shortcut’s properties. Next, click the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field like below.
Then click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web-browsers which are redirected to the Readysearch.ru annoying web page.
Remove Readysearch.ru redirect from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the browser hijacker, dangerous and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s start page and search provider by default that have been modified by Readysearch.ru PC infection.
- First, run the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Readysearch.ru redirect from Mozilla Firefox
First, launch the FF and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () as on the image below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Readysearch.ru PC infection. When, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Readysearch.ru from Internet Explorer
First, launch the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown below.
When the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default to default state.
How to remove Readysearch.ru redirect with freeware
If your PC is still infected with the Readysearch.ru hijacker, then the best method of detection and removal is to use an anti-malware scan on the computer. Download free malicious software removal utilities below and launch a full system scan. It will help you get rid of all components of the hijacker infection from hardisk and Windows registry.
Run Malwarebytes to remove Readysearch.ru
You can remove Readysearch.ru startpage automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malware removal tool because it can easily get rid of browser hijackers, adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software), potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your personal computer by clicking on the link below. Save it on your desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the downloading process is complete, close all windows on your PC system. Further, start the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will assist you install Malwarebytes on the personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, click Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button to start checking your system for the hijacker that cause a redirect to Readysearch.ru. When a threat is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished. Please be patient.
As the scanning ends, you can check all threats detected on your machine. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will begin removing Readysearch.ru browser hijacker and other security threats. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your computer. I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the Malwarebytes to remove browser hijacker, ad supported software and other harmful programs.
Get rid of Readysearch.ru hijacker infection and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility that can be downloaded and run to remove browser hijackers, adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software), malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your computer. You can run this tool to find threats even if you have an antivirus program or any other security software.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2020
- Select the directory in which you saved it as Desktop, and then press Save.
- Once downloading is finished, start the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, press the “Scan” to begin checking your computer for the Readysearch.ru PC infection.
- Once the system scan is done, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to reboot your personal computer, press “OK”.
The step-by-step instructions shown in detail in the following video.
Block Readysearch.ru search and other annoying web pages
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying advertisements and dangerous web pages, you need to use program that blocks access to harmful advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the software can stop the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop advertisements, web pages such Readysearch.ru, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How to Readysearch.ru browser hijacker get installed onto PC
After completing the instructions outlined above, your PC system should be clean from malware and browser hijackers. The FF, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge will no longer open Readysearch.ru annoying homepage on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- When the system scan is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Readysearch.ru .