The exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn is a web site that opens unwanted popup ads and can reroute to other ads web-pages. If the Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge displays this site then most probably that your computer is infected with an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware).
The adware usually affects only the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE and Edge by changing the browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The ad-supported software will perform a scan of the system for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you launch the web browser, you will see an unwanted exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn web site.
What is more, the ad supported software may display advertisements depend on a site that you are visiting. That is, it’s clear that this adware, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
So, obviously, you need to delete the adware ASAP. Use the free steps below. This guide will help you clean your system and thereby delete the exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn unwanted ads.
How does exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn advertisements get installed onto computer
How to manually remove exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn redirect
This useful removal guide for the exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn advertisements. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn redirect let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Delete exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn redirect from Firefox
- Remove exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn pop-ups from Chrome
- Remove exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn advertisements from IE
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and delete the program that causes the appearance of annoying advertisements and internet browser redirect to unwanted pages, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Delete exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn redirect from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been replaced by the ad-supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn web site.
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Next, click the Help button () as shown below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser address bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the ad-supported software. Once it’s finished, press the “Finish” button
Remove exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn pop-ups from Chrome
Like other modern internet browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby remove the redirect to exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn annoying advertisements that is caused by the ‘ad-supported’ software.
At first, start the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web browser adress bar and press Enter.
The web-browser will show the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click the “Reset settings” button.
The Chrome will show the confirmation prompt. You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The program will start the task of cleaning. Once it’s finished, the internet browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your PC.
Remove exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn advertisements from IE
First, start the IE, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu as shown on the image below. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the following image. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to launch your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn or other annoying web page.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The ‘ad-supported’ software can modify the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you run your web-browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text similar “http://site.address” which has been added here, then you should delete it, as shown on the image below.
Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you start the internet browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn web page or any other annoying sites that is advertised by the ad-supported software. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you open your system, it will open exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn annoying page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ programs.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will show a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the malicious applications, then this task also should be removed.
Further press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious applications. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn advertisements with free malware remover
Remove exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijacker and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open the directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the installation of Malwarebytes. Next, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, click on the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole system to find out adware which redirects your web browser to the exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn unwanted web-site. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
- Once the scanning is done, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected”. When the disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your machine.
These steps above are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to stop exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn pop-ups
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying ads and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious advertisements and pages. Moreover, the application can block the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and block advertisements, exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your computer and delete exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn pop-ups with AdwCleaner.
This removal application is free and easy to use. It can scan and get rid of adware, browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Google Chrome, FF, IE and Microsoft Edge browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (homepage, new tab page and search engine by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC system.
Download AdwCleaner utility from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: October 9, 2020
Once downloading is complete, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will launch the AdwCleaner utility and you will see a screen as on the image below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to show the program, click Yes button to continue.
Now, click the “Scan” to perform a system scan for the ad supported software which cause a redirect to exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn ads.
When it has finished scanning your personal computer, it will open a list of all items detected by this utility as shown in the figure below.
You need to click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, press “OK” to begin the cleaning process. When the clean up is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your personal computer. After restart, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
After completing the few simple steps above, your computer should be clean from malware and ad-supported software. The Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge will no longer display exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn annoying pop-ups and redirect you to unknown sites. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis using the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the checking is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying exclusiverewards.gerx.gdn redirect.