If your antivirus detects Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad then it indicates that your computer is infected with a trojan horse. This malicious software usually come with some freeware or from malicious websites that ask users to download and run a Chrome update, new version of Flash Player or Java update. Once started, the Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad will be configured to start automatically when Windows starts. The unwanted software may display large number unwanted popups, inject ads into web-pages that you are opening in the Internet browser, hijack the web-browser’s settings such as proxy, homepage and search engine, and so on.
Moreover, this unwanted software will be able to collect tons of information about you, everything related to what are you doing on the Internet. Thus, it’s clear that the presence of ad supported software on your computer is not desirable, and you need to clean up your personal computer as soon as possible.
So, if you find that your antivirus detects the Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad threat, then don’t wait, follow the step-by-step guide below which will help to remove Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad and any associated malware for free.
Common symptoms of Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad
If you still are not sure that your computer is infected with this parasite, then check your computer for the common symptoms of the infection:
- Your browser displays banner ads where previously you have never seen.
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer (Edge) shows a lot of annoying advertisements.
- Web browser’s settings such as homepage and default search engine are hijacked
- Your an antivirus or antispyware software detects an infection.
- Internet connection may be slow.
How to remove Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your web browser or reboot your computer.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Scan your computer with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
- Scan your computer with AdwCleaner
- Scan your computer with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
- Disinfect browser’s shortcuts
- Reset web-browser’s settings
- Protect your computer from annoying ads and malicious sites
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the personal computer cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up your web browser from pop-up ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It’ll show the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed applications.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Scan your computer with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
Get rid of Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad manually is difficult and often the trojan horse is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your computer. The Malwarebytes is a reputable malware removal program. It can automatically detect and get rid of the malicious software of the your personal computer. Moreover, this free program will help you to get rid of browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too. You can follow the instructions below to remove the Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad completely.
Download Malwarebytes Free by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloaded, close all software and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup like below.
When the install begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Malwarebytes on your system.
When install is complete, you will see window as shown in the following image.
Now click on the “Scan Now” button for scanning your computer for the Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad and other malicious software. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
When the system scan is complete, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and press “Quarantine Selected” button. The Malwarebytes will start removing the malware and adware related files, folders, registry keys. Once the disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
The following video explains the step-by-step guide above on how to remove ‘ad-supported’ software with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
Scan your computer with AdwCleaner
This removal program is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove adware, browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (homepage, new tab and default search engine). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the system.
Download AdwCleaner utility by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
Once the downloading process is done, open the file location and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen as shown in the following image. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to open the program, click Yes button to continue.
Now, press the “Scan” to begin checking your machine for the Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad and other malware.
Once the scan is finished, it will display a list of all items detected by this utility as shown on the screen below.
You need to click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK” to begin the cleaning procedure. When the clean up is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your machine. After reboot, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Scan your computer with Kaspersky virus removal tool
Kaspersky virus removal tool is a well-known free security tool. It uses the Kaspersky Anti-Virus engine to detect and remove viruses, trojans and malware.
- Download Kaspersky virus removal tool from the following link and save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Kaspersky virus removal tool
Author: Kaspersky® lab
Category: Security tools
Update: March 5, 2018
- Double-click on the KVRT icon found on your desktop. Once initialization process is finished, you will see the Kaspersky virus removal tool screen.
- Click Change Parameters and set a check near all your drives. Click OK to close the Parameters window.
- Press Start scan button. Kaspersky virus removal tool will now start scanning your computer for known infections. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When KVRT has finished scanning, click on Continue to start a cleaning process.
Disinfect browser’s shortcuts
The Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad may also change a desktop shortcut for Chrome, Firefox and IE. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open an unwanted web-site.
To clear a browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all desktop shortcuts for all web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Reset web-browser’s settings
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Protect your computer from annoying ads and malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block unwanted pop-ups, annoying ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
After completing the few simple steps shown above, your personal computer should be clean from Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad, malware and adware. The Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge will no longer show annoying pop-ups and redirect you to unknown pages. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new type of malicious software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the checking is done, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the Win32.Trojan.Scar.Wpad.