The cause of unwanted ktrackdata.com advertisements on your screen is adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). Technically, the adware, that opens a large amount of popup ads or redirects on an unwanted web site, is not a virus. It’s is created to make a money. Once started, the adware injects a small code within the content of sites that you visit. The malicous code may pop-up a new web browser window with ktrackdata.com web site or insert a huge number of advertising links directly into the web sites you’re viewing.
The malicious programs from the adware family that alters the settings of web-browsers usually affects only the Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer. However, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a web-browser’s shortcut, so every time you run the internet browser, instead of your home page, you will see the annoying ktrackdata.com advertisements.
The adware is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to open dozens of pop-ups, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open browser window. So, the ktrackdata.com is just one of the many web-sites of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It’s designed to fill the browser’s constant stream of advertisements, or reroute the internet browser to not expected and intrusive advertising pages. Moreover, the ‘ad-supported’ software can substitute the legitimate advertising banners on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit dangerous sites. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web sites, so the creators of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the ad-supported software receive income. It is the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
We recommend to get rid of the adware, which redirects your internet browser on the ktrackdata.com annoying page, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other malicious software on your PC.
How does ktrackdata.com ads get installed onto PC system
How to manually remove ktrackdata.com
This guide will help you delete ktrackdata.com advertisements. These ktrackdata.com removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the internet browser or reboot your PC. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete ktrackdata.com redirect
- Remove ktrackdata.com ads from Chrome
- Get rid of ktrackdata.com advertisements from FF
- Remove ktrackdata.com ads from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the computer cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up your web browser from ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete ktrackdata.com redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to launch your web browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the internet browser which is redirected to the ktrackdata.com or other unwanted site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The ‘ad-supported’ software can change the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you start your browser. Depending on the web-browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.address” which has been added here, then you should delete it, as shown on the image below.
Next, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the web browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the ktrackdata.com web-page or any other unwanted web pages that is advertised by the adware. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove ktrackdata.com ads from Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown in the figure below and press the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Get rid of ktrackdata.com advertisements from FF
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove ktrackdata.com ads from Internet Explorer
To remove the ktrackdata.com ads you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your system.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Microsoft Internet Explorer settings” dialog box as on the image below. Next, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, press the “Reset” button.
When the task is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your PC system, it will display ktrackdata.com annoying page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by malicious software.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will show a dialog box which titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove ktrackdata.com with free malware removal program
Manual removal ktrackdata.com advertisements requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free programs will help you to delete malware, web browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is done, please close all applications and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware which redirects your web-browser to the ktrackdata.com unwanted web page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is finished, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your personal computer. When the task is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block ktrackdata.com redirect
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-sites. Moreover, the application can block the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is done, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block ads, ktrackdata.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with ktrackdata.com ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove ktrackdata.com pop-ups, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the utility is launched the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates ktrackdata.com advertisements.
- Once the scanning is finished, AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step instructions above on how to delete adware with AdwCleaner.
Now your personal computer should be clean of the ktrackdata.com . Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup ads and unwanted dangerous web-pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your machine for new malware and ad supported software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove ktrackdata.com pop-up ads from your system, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.