If you find that your internet browser has become show the unwanted voucherfestival.xyz popups then it is a sign that your system is infected with malicious software from the ad supported software family. The adware is a form of unwanted software that can open a tons of ads without a user’s permission. Moreover, it may redirect the browser on malicious and misleading web pages. Also, if you seeing that the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge tries to load an unknown site, when you try to open a long-known page, then you do not need to wait! Press the stop button in browser’s address bar. You need as quickly as possible following the few simple steps below and clean your PC from adware that will get rid of the redirect to voucherfestival.xyz and annoying ads.
The ad supported software can change the settings of the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but often that a dangerous software like this can also infect all types of web-browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time launch the browser to see voucherfestival.xyz unwanted advertisements.
The adware may insert a huge number of ads directly to the web-sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising has been added by the creators of the site. Moreover, a legal advertisements may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the ad supported software has the ability to collect a tons of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible follow the guide below to remove ad supported software and clean your system from the reroute to voucherfestival.xyz advertising. What is more, the guide will help you remove other malicious software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the computer along with the adware.
How does voucherfestival.xyz ads get installed onto system
How to manually remove voucherfestival.xyz
This useful removal guide for the voucherfestival.xyz redirect. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of voucherfestival.xyz ads let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of voucherfestival.xyz redirect
- Remove voucherfestival.xyz from Chrome
- Get rid of voucherfestival.xyz advertisements in Firefox
- Get rid of voucherfestival.xyz in Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the personal computer cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and delete all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free programs. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the annoying ads or internet browser redirect to unknown or unwanted web pages.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will display a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of voucherfestival.xyz redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to start your web-browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the web-browser which is redirected to the voucherfestival.xyz or other unwanted web-site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The adware can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you launch your internet browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.address” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below. Click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you start the browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the voucherfestival.xyz web-page or any other annoying web sites that is advertised by the adware. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove voucherfestival.xyz from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s start page, search provider by default that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and click on the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Click the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the guide How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of voucherfestival.xyz advertisements in Firefox
If the FF settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto voucherfestival.xyz ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to display the Tools menu. It displays the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Get rid of voucherfestival.xyz in Internet Explorer
Run IE, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the voucherfestival.xyz unwanted site.
How to remove voucherfestival.xyz with Anti-malware
Manual removal voucherfestival.xyz requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free applications will help you to get rid of malware, web-browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and open the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for ad supported software removal scan. It will start scanning your computer for the ad supported software which redirects your web-browser to the voucherfestival.xyz annoying site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to begin cleaning your PC. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Block voucherfestival.xyz popup ads and other annoying pages
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying ads and malicious pages, you need to use program that blocks access to malicious ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, web-sites such voucherfestival.xyz, as well as other dangerous or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with voucherfestival.xyz ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the voucherfestival.xyz pop-up ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that generates the voucherfestival.xyz advertisements.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will show a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for voucherfestival.xyz advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying voucherfestival.xyz .