If you’re reading this post, it means that you are seeing the Search4tops.com unknown page instead your homepage or when you open a new tab or perform an internet search you are automatically directed to the annoying web-site. All of these problems with your PC system caused by hijacker, which is often installs on the system with the free programs. You probably want to know how to get rid of this infection and delete Search4tops.com search as well as to restore your internet browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default. In the few simple steps below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
The Search4tops.com browser hijacker infection usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The hijacker infection will perform a scan of the personal computer for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://search4tops.com/start.html’ into Target property. So, each time you start the internet browser, you will see the Search4tops.com unwanted web site.
Except that the Search4tops.com changes web-browser’s home page, it also replaces a search engine, which leads to the fact that use of the browser’s search becomes impossible. The reason for this is that the search results will consist of a huge number of advertising banners, links to malicious and misleading web pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the other, well-known search engines like Google or Bing.
The Search4tops.com infection is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, modifies internet browser settings, and blocks them from changing. Also this web-browser browser hijacker can install additional internet browser addons, extensions and modules that will open advertising links and popups. And finally, the Search4tops.com browser hijacker infection can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web-sites you are opening, what you are looking for the Internet and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties. Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible to clean your computer, remove Search4tops.com new tab, as well as other malicious and ad-supported software, which could penetrate the PC system along with it.
How to Search4tops.com hijacker get installed onto PC
How to manually remove Search4tops.com
This useful removal guide for the Search4tops.com search. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to uninstall Search4tops.com homepage let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Remove Search4tops.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Search4tops.com new tab
- Uninstall Search4tops.com new tab from Chrome
- Get rid of Search4tops.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Delete Search4tops.com homepage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Remove Search4tops.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and remove all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free software. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the unwanted ads or browser redirect to unknown or unwanted sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will display a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Search4tops.com homepage
During the installation, this browser hijacker infection may also change the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding “http://search4tops.com/start.html” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the web-browser, it will show this unwanted web site.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://search4tops.com/start.html” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Uninstall Search4tops.com new tab from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been modified by hijacker.
- Open the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your internet browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your startpage, new tab page and default search engine.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Search4tops.com from Mozilla Firefox
If the FF settings such as homepage, search engine by default have been changed by the hijacker infection, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Run the Firefox and press button to open the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Search4tops.com hijacker. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Delete Search4tops.com homepage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Remove Search4tops.com with MalwareBytes Anti-malware.
Remove Search4tops.com infection manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your personal computer.
Once installation is complete, you will see window similar to the one below.
Now click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your PC system for the browser hijacker infection that cause a redirect to Search4tops.com. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will start to remove Search4tops.com hijacker related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block Search4tops.com
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying advertising banners and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, web-sites such Search4tops.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove Search4tops.com hijacker and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2019
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Start” button to perform a system scan for Search4tops.com adware and malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your system.
When your PC is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Search4tops.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Search4tops.com removal.