The Newtab.club is classified as the internet browser hijacker (sometimes called hijackware). It is a type of dangerous software that alters your PC system’s web-browser settings such as homepage, search engine by default. Once started, this browser hijacker infection will modify the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge ‘s settings to Newtab.club search. To clean you personal computer and back your start page, you need to perform the few simple steps below as soon as possible. It will uninstall the Newtab.club startpage and protect your system from more dangerous malware and trojans.
A malicious software that modifies the settings of web-browsers on Newtab.club new tab usually affects only Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The Newtab.club infection may change the Target property of a internet browser’s shortcut, so every time you run the internet browser, instead of your home page, you will see a completely different web site.
When your computer is infected, every time you launch your internet browser you will see this web-site. Of course you can setup your home page again, but next time you launch a browser you will see that Newtab.club return. As mentioned above, the hijacker infection may change the default search engine on this unwanted web-site too, so all your search queries will be redirected to Newtab.club. Thus the authors of the browser hijacker may collect the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to malicious sites.
Also on the computer together with Newtab.club hijacker infection can be installed an adware, which will insert a large number of advertising banners directly to the web pages that you view, creating a sense that advertising has been added by the creators of the web site. Moreover, a legal advertising links may be replaced on the fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the Newtab.club browser hijacker infection has the ability to collect a huge amount of personal information about you, which can later transfer to third parties.
To find out how to get rid of Newtab.club redirect, we recommend to read the few simple steps added to this post below. The guidance was made by experienced security professionals who discovered a method to remove the annoying Newtab.club browser hijacker out of the PC.
Remove Newtab.club from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are present several free browser hijacker infection removal utilities. Also it’s possible to remove Newtab.club home page manually. But we suggest to combine all these methods below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the guide. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your web browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Newtab.club, perform the following steps:
- Get rid of Newtab.club startpage without any utilities
- Uninstall Newtab.club associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
- Delete Newtab.club search from Internet Explorer
- Remove Newtab.club from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
- Delete Newtab.club from Google Chrome
- Clean up the browsers shortcuts that have been affected by Newtab.club
- Scan your system and get rid of Newtab.club with free utilities
- Stop Newtab.club redirect and other undesired web pages
- Where the Newtab.club browser hijacker comes from
- To sum up
Get rid of Newtab.club startpage without any utilities
The few simple steps will help you get rid of Newtab.club search. These Newtab.club removal steps work for the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, MS Edge and Google Chrome, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Uninstall Newtab.club associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed software. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of applications by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious applications, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel like below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all software installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown software.
Delete Newtab.club search from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted extensions or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by a malware.
First, open the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Remove Newtab.club from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the Firefox settings such as newtab page, home page and search engine have been modified by the browser hijacker infection, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Start the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the hijacker which cause a reroute to Newtab.club page. After, it is complete, press the “Finish” button.
Delete Newtab.club from Google Chrome
Like other modern web-browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the web browser default search provider, new tab page and startpage that have been changed by the Newtab.club browser hijacker.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as displayed below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Clean up the browsers shortcuts that have been affected by Newtab.club
Important to know, most antimalware applications that are able to delete Newtab.club browser hijacker and other web browser’s harmful plugins, but unable to look for and recover altered shortcuts. So, you need to fix the desktop shortcuts for your Firefox, Edge, IE and Google Chrome web-browsers manually.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and choose Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text such as “http://site.address” which has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcut files of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Scan your system and get rid of Newtab.club with free utilities
Anti-Malware applications differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus software and so on. We suggest you use the following free programs: Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes AntiMalware and Hitman Pro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can detect the browser hijacker infection and delete Newtab.club from the Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
How to automatically get rid of Newtab.club with Zemana
Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) highly recommended, because it can search for security threats such ‘ad supported’ software and hijacker infections which most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Newtab.club browser hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once downloading is finished, close all applications and windows on your PC. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, click the “Scan” button to look for browser hijacker responsible for Newtab.club . This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Free utility is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- When that process is finished, Zemana Free will open you the results. In order to delete all items, simply click “Next”. Once the cleaning procedure is finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Newtab.club redirect
If Zemana Anti Malware cannot remove this browser hijacker, then we recommends to run the HitmanPro. The Hitman Pro is a free powerful, professional removal tool for malicious software, adware, PUPs, toolbars as well as browser hijacker infection that cause a reroute to Newtab.club web-page. It completely deletes all traces and remnants of the infection.
- Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro from the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is done, run the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to search for hijacker that responsible for web browser redirect to the annoying Newtab.club webpage. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- When finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. Next, you need to click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Run Malwarebytes to remove hijacker
You can remove Newtab.club redirect automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malware removal tool because it can easily remove hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for MS Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to find out hijacker infection that changes browser settings to replace your start page, new tab and search provider by default with Newtab.club web-page.
- Once MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) has completed scanning your computer, you will be displayed the list of all found threats on your PC system.
- Review the report and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the clean-up is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Newtab.club redirect and other undesired web pages
If you want to get rid of intrusive ads, web-browser redirects and popups, then install an ad-blocking program such as AdGuard. It can stop Newtab.club, advertisements, pop ups and block web-pages from tracking your online activities when using the Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox. So, if you like surf the Net, but you do not like unwanted advertisements and want to protect your PC system from malicious sites, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
Click the link below to download AdGuard. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as displayed on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-ups, Newtab.club redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Where the Newtab.club browser hijacker comes from
To sum up
After completing the few simple steps outlined above, your system should be clean from hijacker responsible for modifying your web browser settings to Newtab.club and other malware. The Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will no longer display unwanted Newtab.club website on startup. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.