Have you become that your browser randomly opens info.search-privacy.club, instead of the one you want to see? it is a sign that you have an installed adware on your computer. The adware is a part of malicious software that created to display a lot of annoying advertisements. You need to perform the step-by-step instructions below as soon as possible. It will clear your PC from advertising software that generates a lot of ads in the web-browser and thus remove the redirect to the info.search-privacy.club page.
The adware can change the settings of the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge, but often that a dangerous software like this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time open the internet browser to see info.search-privacy.club annoying advertising.
The ad supported software is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, changes browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the adware can install additional browser extensions, addons and modules that will inject ads within the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge’s screen. Moreover, the adware may install a browser hijacker that once started, will modify the web-browser’s startpage and search engine. And finally, the adware can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web-pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Internet and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible follow the step-by-step guide below to remove adware and clean your personal computer from the redirect to info.search-privacy.club ads. What is more, the guide will help you delete other malicious software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the PC along with the adware.
How does info.search-privacy.club advertisements get installed onto PC system
How to manually remove info.search-privacy.club
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of info.search-privacy.club redirect from the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete info.search-privacy.club redirect
- Remove info.search-privacy.club popup ads from Google Chrome
- Get rid of info.search-privacy.club popup ads from FF
- Remove info.search-privacy.club pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the PC cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many freeware at its installation additionally set various unneeded applications that most often generate unwanted advertising and redirect your internet browser to info.search-privacy.club page. So, remove the unneeded software may cleanup your internet browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete info.search-privacy.club redirect
Once installed, the ad supported software may add an argument into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will open the info.search-privacy.club annoying web page.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
Remove info.search-privacy.club popup ads from Google Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus remove the redirect to info.search-privacy.club annoying advertisements which is caused by the ad supported software.
Start the Google Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter. The internet browser will open the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Google Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the web-browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Get rid of info.search-privacy.club popup ads from FF
Open the Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove info.search-privacy.club pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
Open the Microsoft Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
How to remove info.search-privacy.club with Anti-malware
Manual removal info.search-privacy.club pop-up ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free programs will help you to get rid of malware, web-browser hijackers and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and show the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for ad supported software removal scan. It will start scanning your PC system for the ad supported software which redirects your browser to the info.search-privacy.club annoying site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to start cleaning your PC. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Block info.search-privacy.club and other similar malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new unwanted advertisements and malicious pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, web pages such info.search-privacy.club, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove info.search-privacy.club ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the unwanted info.search-privacy.club ads within the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 30, 2020
Once finished, open a directory in which you saved it. You will see a icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Start” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the adware which displays the advertising from info.search-privacy.club web-page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your personal computer.
When your PC is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for info.search-privacy.club advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted info.search-privacy.club advertisements.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.