The lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com is classified as ad supported web-site. The appearance of this unknown page in your internet browser means that your PC system is infected with an ad supported software, which may show a large number of advertising within the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge screen or reroute you to an unwanted ad web pages. So, if you have found that your internet browser is redirected to this unwanted web site, then you do not need to wait, you need as quickly as possible following the few simple steps below to clean your PC system from an ad supported software infection and thus remove the lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com redirect.
The malicious software from the adware family that alters the settings of web-browsers usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a browser’s shortcut, so every time you run the browser, instead of your start page, you will see the unwanted lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com advertisements.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a large number of advertisements, hindering or completely blocking the work in the web-browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit malicious sites. Moreover, with the ad supported software, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your personal computer, that will replace your start page with an unwanted web-site.
Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible follow the tutorial below to get rid of adware and clean your PC from the redirect to lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com ads. What is more, the guide will help you remove other dangerous software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the PC along with the adware.
How does lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com ads get installed onto computer
How to manually remove lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com
This step-by-step instructions will help you delete lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com popup ads. These lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com removal steps work for the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web-browser or reboot your PC. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com redirect
- Get rid of lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com redirect from Chrome
- Get rid of lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com ads from Firefox
- Remove lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com from Internet Explorer
Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of unwanted advertisements and browser redirect to unwanted web-pages, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com redirect
During the installation, the adware may also change the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding “http://lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will reroute to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com redirect from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus remove the redirect to lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com annoying advertising which is caused by the adware.
Start the Google Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. The web-browser will show the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Google Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the internet browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Get rid of lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com ads from Firefox
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com from Internet Explorer
To remove the lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com advertisements you need to reset the Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your system.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It displays the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the IE. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your internet browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
How to remove lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com with Antimalware
Get rid of lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com ads manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free software will help you to delete malware, browser hijacker and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the adware which redirects your web-browser to the lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com unwanted site. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying advertising and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com advertisements, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com advertisements.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com advertising removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying lp2.sweepstakescentralusa.com advertising.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.