What is wizzcaster.com
There are many types of malware and one of them is adware. The ad supported software, which causes the appearance of wizzcaster.com advertising or the redirect to this annoying site, have a negative impact on the functioning of your computer. It changes system settings, generates a huge number of various advertisements, slows down the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge and the speed of your internet connection. Moreover, it may lead to the fact that web pages are slow to load and the browser interface can even freeze. The main function of the ad supported software – it is showing advertisements, so it may reroute your browser to an unwanted web-site like wizzcaster.com, instead of the one that you want to visit. Even if you try to type an address into the internet browser’s address bar, then the web-browser is anyway will open an unwanted ad web-site.
The ad supported software can change the settings of the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but often that a malicious software like this can also infect all types of web-browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the internet browser to see wizzcaster.com unwanted advertising.
The ad supported software is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to show dozens of ads, banners and pop-ups, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open browser window. So, the wizzcaster.com is just one of the many web pages of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the web-browser’s constant stream of ads, or redirect the internet browser to not expected and intrusive advertising pages. Moreover, the adware can substitute the legitimate advertisements on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit dangerous web-sites. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web sites, so the creators of ad supported software, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the ad supported software receive income. It is the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
We suggest you to remove adware and clean your system from wizzcaster.com advertising as quickly as possible, until the presence of the ad supported software has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the instructions below that will allow you to completely get rid of the redirect to wizzcaster.com unwanted page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does wizzcaster.com ads get installed onto system
How to manually remove wizzcaster.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove wizzcaster.com from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove wizzcaster.com redirect
- Remove wizzcaster.com ads from Chrome
- Get rid of wizzcaster.com from Firefox
- Remove wizzcaster.com from Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the PC cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and remove all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the unwanted advertising or browser redirect to unknown or annoying web pages.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will display a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort aplications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove wizzcaster.com redirect
Now you need to clean up the internet browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your internet browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The ad supported software can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://wizzcaster.com” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the internet browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
Look at the example on the screen below. Once is done, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web-browser shortcuts which redirects to an unwanted web sites. When you have completed, go to next step.
Remove wizzcaster.com ads from Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Get rid of wizzcaster.com from Firefox
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove wizzcaster.com from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
How to get rid of wizzcaster.com with Antimalware
Remove wizzcaster.com advertising manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free software will help you to delete malware, internet browser hijacker and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the adware which redirects your browser to the wizzcaster.com unwanted web page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block wizzcaster.com
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new annoying advertising and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and web sites. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, wizzcaster.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with wizzcaster.com ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to wizzcaster.com advertising, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the wizzcaster.com ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for wizzcaster.com ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted wizzcaster.com ads.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.