What is WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED
Are you seeing pop-up warnings within your browser that titled with WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED ? It is a complete fake that has been created to scare you into thinking that your computer have a lot of heavy problems with security, drivers, malware, etc.
The text of the “WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED” alert is:
WARNING! Your Hard drive will be DELETED if you close this page. You have a ZEUS virus! Please call Technical Help Desk. Call Toll-Free: 1-855-999-9246 To Stop This Process Are you sure you want to leave this page?
How does your computer get infected with WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED popups
These “WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED” pop-ups are caused by a malicious extension that has been installed by an adware and PUP that usually infects system through the use a free programs such as free pdf creator, free video player, free youtube downloader. So, when you have installed a free software that you need, this adware has been installed automatically too.
Most commonly, the adware come bundled with other free software that you download off of the Web. So, to protect yourself in the future, please read ‘Term of use’ and ‘User agreement’ very carefully before installing any freeware or otherwise you can end up with another adware on your computer.
How to remove WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED popups
Remove “WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED” popups manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED pop-up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED pop-ups is still remained
if MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED adware, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED adware.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED pop-ups removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
How to remove WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED popups (Manually)
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you to remove the “WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED” adware manually from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome.
- Uninstall “WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED” associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED popups
- Remove WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED popups from Chrome
- Remove WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED popups from Firefox
- Remove WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED popups from Internet Explorer
Uninstall “WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED” associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED popups
When breaking into a computer, this adware may also change a desktop shortcut for Chrome, Firefox and IE. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open an annoying web-site.
To clear a browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED popups from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED popups from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Remove WARNING – Your Hard drive will be DELETED popups from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.