Also known as: Searchoko.com homepage, Searchoko.com new tab, Searchoko.com redirect, Searchoko.com search, Searchoko.com startpage
Type: Browser hijacker
What is Searchoko.com
The appearance of Searchoko.com in your browser means that your computers is infected with a browser hijacker. Once started, it makes changes to the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox settings, replacing the home page and search engine by default. So, if you find that when you start the Internet browser, it opens this annoying site, then you do not need to wait, you need as quickly as possible following the instructions below and remove Searchoko.com infection.
The browser hijacker, which set Searchoko.com as your home page can also may set this site as your search engine. You will encounter the fact that the search in the browser has become impossible to use, because the search results will consist of a huge number of advertising links, links to malicious and misleading websites and a small amount of regular links, which are obtained from a search in the major search engines. Therefore, look for something using Searchoko.com would be a waste of time or worse, it can lead to even more infected computers.
And finally, the Searchoko.com hijacker can collect a wide variety of personal information: what websites you open, look for the Internet and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties. Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible to clean your computer, remove Searchoko.com infection, as well as other malicious and advertising programs, which could penetrate the computer along with it.
How to Searchoko.com infection get installed onto computer
The Searchoko.com browser hijacker usually come bundled with other free software that you download off of the Web. Once started, it will infect your system and change browser’s settings such as homepage and search engine without your permission.
Even removing the free software that contains this browser hijacker, your browser’s settings will not be restored. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to restore your homepage and search engine.
How to manually remove Searchoko.com
It can be a difficult task. It modifies browser settings, infects browser shortcuts and may make a changes to Windows registry. Hopefully, the following instructions below will help you manually remove Searchoko.com browser hijacker from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. If you need a help or have any questions, then please leave a comment down below.
- Uninstall Searchoko.com related software from your PC
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Searchoko.com redirect
- Remove Searchoko.com from Chrome
- Remove Searchoko.com from Firefox
- Remove Searchoko.com from Internet Explorer
Uninstall Searchoko.com related software from your PC
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list of currently installed programs and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Searchoko.com redirect
When breaking into a computer, this browser hijacker may also change a desktop shortcut for Chrome, Firefox and IE, adding “http://searchoko.com” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open this annoying web-site.
To clear a browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. Select the “Shortcut” tab and remove “http://searchoko.com” from the Target field. There should be only the path to the browser executable file as shown on the screen below.
Press “OK” to save changes. You need to clean all desktop shortcuts for all web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Searchoko.com from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
In the dialog that appears, press the “Reset” button.
Remove Searchoko.com from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Searchoko.com from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press on the “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to remove Searchoko.com with Antimalware
Remove Searchoko.com manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for Searchoko.com infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block Searchoko.com
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such Searchoko.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Searchoko.com is still remained
if MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Searchoko.com.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Searchoko.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.