Also known as: Plusnetwork.com homepage, Plusnetwork.com new tab, Plusnetwork.com redirect, Plusnetwork.com search, Plusnetwork.com startpage
Type: Browser hijacker
What is Plusnetwork.com
Plusnetwork.com is a browser hijacker, it is not a virus, but this infection modifies browser’s settings. Once this infection gets installed on your computer, it changes the settings of all your web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox. It will set Plusnetwork.com web site as your home page and search engine by the default. Thus, if you run any browser, it will always be open this site. Moreover, when you create a new tab, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox can be also redirected to Plusnetwork.com.
As mentioned above, Plusnetwork.com infection can change the settings of the Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, but often that parasites like this also can infect any browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the browser to see Plusnetwork.com annoying page.
In addition to changing the start page, Plusnetwork.com can also change the search engine selected in the browser. When you try to search on the infected browser, you will be presented with a fake search results, consisting of advertising links and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results. Among these search results can occur very dangerous links that lead to malicious and misleading Web sites.
Also, on the computer, together with Plusnetwork.com infection can be installed adware, which will insert a lot of advertising directly to the pages that you view, creating a sense that advertising has been added by the creators of the site. Moreover, a legal advertisements may be replaced on the fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs.
How to Plusnetwork.com infection get installed onto computer
Most commonly, the Plusnetwork.com browser hijacker is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a freeware is a a good chance that you will find some bundled “ad-supported” software. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During installation, choose the Custom or Advanced installation option. Next, click “Decline” button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown software. Moreover, please read term of use and user agreement very carefully before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted software on your PC such as this browser hijacker.
Even removing the free software that contains this browser hijacker, your browser’s settings will not be restored. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to restore your homepage and search engine.
How to manually remove Plusnetwork.com
We strongly recommend that you perform a simple guide below will allow you manually remove Plusnetwork.com browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
- Uninstall Plusnetwork.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Plusnetwork.com redirect
- Remove Plusnetwork.com from Chrome
- Remove Plusnetwork.com from Firefox
- Remove Plusnetwork.com from Internet Explorer
Uninstall Plusnetwork.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Plusnetwork.com redirect
When breaking into a computer, this browser hijacker may also change a desktop shortcut for Chrome, Firefox and IE, adding “http://plusnetwork.com” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open this annoying web-site.
To clear a browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://plusnetwork.com” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Plusnetwork.com from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove Plusnetwork.com from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Remove Plusnetwork.com from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove Plusnetwork.com with Antimalware
Remove Plusnetwork.com manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for Plusnetwork.com infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block Plusnetwork.com
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such Plusnetwork.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Plusnetwork.com is still remained
if MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Plusnetwork.com.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Plusnetwork.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.