What is Warning: Internet Security Damaged
Are you seeing pop-up warnings within your browser that titled with Warning: Internet Security Damaged ? It is a complete fake that has been created to scare you into thinking that your computer have a lot of heavy problems with security, drivers, malware, etc.
The text of the alert is:
Warning: Internet Security Damaged !!! A Suspicious Connection Was Trying to Access Your Logins, Banking Details & Tracking Your Internet Activity. Your TCP Connection Was Blocked by Your Firewall. Your Accounts May be Suspended Until You Take an Action. Your Personal Information May Have Leaked. IMMEDIATE RESPONSE REQUIRED Your Hard Disk May Have Trojan Virus! Please Do Not Try to Fix Manually, It May Crash Your Data. Consequently, we are performing additional security checks to verify system security. Please Visit Your Nearest Windows Service Center OR Call Help Desk --------------------------------------------------------- Customer Service: +1-888-664-8185 (TOLL-FREE) ---------------------------------------------------------
How does your computer get infected with Warning: Internet Security Damaged popups
These “Warning: Internet Security Damaged” pop-ups are caused by a malicious extension that has been installed by an adware and PUP that usually infects system through the use a free programs such as free pdf creator, free video player, free youtube downloader. So, when you have installed a free software that you need, this adware has been installed automatically too.
Most commonly, this adware that shows the fake “Warning: Internet Security Damaged” warnings is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, to protect yourself in the future, please read term of use and user agreement very carefully before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another adware on your computer.
How to remove Warning: Internet Security Damaged popups
Remove Warning: Internet Security Damaged ads manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for Warning: Internet Security Damaged infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block Warning: Internet Security Damaged ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block Warning: Internet Security Damaged pop-up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Warning: Internet Security Damaged pop-ups is still remained
if MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove Warning: Internet Security Damaged adware, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Warning: Internet Security Damaged adware.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Warning: Internet Security Damaged pop-ups removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
How to remove Warning: Internet Security Damaged popups (Manually)
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you to remove the “Warning: Internet Security Damaged” adware manually from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome.
- Uninstall “Warning: Internet Security Damaged” associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Warning: Internet Security Damaged popups
- Remove Warning: Internet Security Damaged popups from Chrome
- Remove Warning: Internet Security Damaged popups from Firefox
- Remove Warning: Internet Security Damaged popups from Internet Explorer
Uninstall “Warning: Internet Security Damaged” associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Warning: Internet Security Damaged popups
When breaking into a computer, this adware may also change the browser’s shortcuts. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will open an annoying web-site.
To clear a browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Warning: Internet Security Damaged popups from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove Warning: Internet Security Damaged popups from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Remove Warning: Internet Security Damaged popups from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
When your computer is infected, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge will display a tons of annoying advertisements. These ads will be injected within the content of web-sites that are you opening in your browser. This advertising can be varied: pop-up ads like “Warning: Internet Security Damaged” alerts, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. These ads will appear on all websites, including sites where previously you advertising banners have never seen.
These advertisements depends on a web-site that you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this adware, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. Moreover, this adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk. So, obviously, you need to remove the “Warning: Internet Security Damaged” adware that causes lot of annoying ads as soon as possible. Use the free instructions above.