Spyware Soft Stop is a rogue antispyware.
Once installed this program will issue fake taskbar alerts, which look like Windows Security alerts, stating that you are infected with various viruses and advising you to click on the icon to remove them.
For remove this program you should download following:
Download HijackThis and save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it’s own folder on the desktop.
Download and unzip Avenger to your desktop.
Next, Download, install, and update the free version of Ewido security suite:
1. When installing, under “Additional Options” uncheck “Install background guard” and “Install scan via context menu”.
2. Run Ewido.
3. From the main ewido screen, click on update in the left menu, then click the Start update button.
4. After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display “Update successful”)
5. Exit Ewido. DO NOT scan yet.
Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and remove the following programs, if found: Spyware Soft Stop
Run Avenger. Check the ‘Input script manually’ option. Click the Magnifying Glass icon. In the box that opens, copy,then paste the following bold text:
Files to delete:
Then click on ‘Done’. Click the Traffic Light icon to start the program. Then press OK at the prompts to reboot your PC.
Boot your computer in Safe Mode.
1. Restart your computer
2. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4. Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Now you need to run HijackThis and click “Do a system scan only.” Place a check next to the following entries (if they are still there):
O4 – HKLM\..\Run: [System] C:\WINNT\system32\kernels8.exe
O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [WinMedia] C:\WINNT\system32\vxgame6.exe3584.exe
O20 – AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINNT\system32\svchqk.dll
O20 – Winlogon Notify: s_reg – C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\notifysb.dll
Now close all browser and other windows except for HijackThis, and click “Fix Checked” to have HijackThis fix the entries you checked.
1. Click on the Scanner button in the left menu, then click on Complete System Scan. This scan can take quite a while to run.
2. If Ewido finds anything, it will pop up a notification. Please select “clean” and check the boxes “Perform action with all infections” and “Create encrypted backup” before clicking on OK.
3. When the scan finishes, click on “Save Report”. This will create a text file. Make sure you know where to find this file again.
if you desktop also have been hijacked, go to Start -> Control Panel, click Display -> Desktop -> Customize Desktop -> Web -> Uncheck “Security Info” if present.
Your computer should now be free of the Spyware Soft Stop infection.
If you are still having problems with spyware after completing these instructions, then please follow the steps outlined in the topic linked below