Security specialists named the YTLoader a PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) family. Adware is created in order to display unwanted advertisements without your’s permission, and these intrusive ads is hard to shut down.
Maybe you approve the idea that the YTLoader advertisements from it is just a small problem. But these annoying ads eat computer resources and slow down your computer’s performance.
The worst is, the adware can analyze your browsing, and gain access to your confidential data and, subsequently, can sell it to third party companies. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to remove YTLoader ad supported software from your PC.
So, obviously, you need to remove YTLoader adware as quickly as possible. Use the free steps below. This guide will allow you clean your machine of adware and thereby get rid of any unwanted ads.
How to remove YTLoader (Removal guide)
In the instructions below, we’ll try to cover the Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and provide general advice to remove YTLoader ad-supported software. You may find some minor differences in your Microsoft Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: remove all suspicious and unknown apps, reset browsers settings, run free malicious software removal tools. Some of the steps will require you to reboot your personal computer or shut down this website. So, read this guidance carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove YTLoader, execute the following steps:
- Uninstalling the YTLoader, check the list of installed apps first
- Remove YTLoader from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
- Get rid of YTLoader adware from Internet Explorer
- Remove YTLoader from Chrome
- Remove YTLoader adware with free applications
- How to stay safe online
Manual YTLoader removal
The useful removal steps for the YTLoader adware. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of YTLoader ad supported software let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Uninstalling the YTLoader, check the list of installed apps first
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the program that causes the appearance of intrusive ads or internet browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Make sure you have closed all web-browsers and other apps. Next, remove any unwanted and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of apps installed on your computer. Most likely, one of them is the YTLoader ad-supported software that causes lots of unwanted popup ads. Choose the questionable application or the application that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Microsoft Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown programs, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to delete this unwanted program from your personal computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove YTLoader from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Firefox settings such as search engine, start page and new tab page have been changed by the YTLoader, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
Launch the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the YTLoader ad supported software. After, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of YTLoader adware from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings had been changed by YTLoader ad supported software that causes annoying ads, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove YTLoader from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings to remove YTLoader ad-supported software. If you are still experiencing issues with YTLoader adware, you need to reset Chrome browser to its default values. This step needs to be performed only if adware has not been removed by the previous steps.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your internet browser’s search engine, newtab page and startpage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove YTLoader adware with free applications
Run malicious software removal utilities to remove YTLoader ad-supported software automatically. The freeware tools specially made for hijacker infections, adware and other potentially unwanted software removal. These utilities can delete most of ad supported software from Chrome, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Moreover, it can remove all components of adware from Windows registry and system drives.
How to automatically remove YTLoader with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM). You can download and install Zemana Free to search for and remove YTLoader adware from the Edge, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox web browsers. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your computer.
- Download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your system. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the YTLoader ad supported software that causes annoying ads. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. When a malware, ad-supported software or potentially unwanted applications are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After finished, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- Once you have selected what you wish to get rid of from your computer click the “Next” button. The utility will get rid of YTLoader adware which cause annoying advertisements to appear. Once that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
How to stay safe online
It’s also critical to protect your web browsers from harmful sites and advertisements by using an ad blocking program like AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Click the link below to download AdGuard. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as shown in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up advertisements, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
How to YTLoader get installed onto machine
The ad-supported software most likely to occur during the install of free software due the fact that PUPs like this are usually hidden in the setup package. Thus, if you have installed some free software using Quick(Standard) mode, you may have let the YTLoader get inside your computer. Keep in mind that the Quick mode is unreliable because it do not warn about bundled applications. Thus, additional applications will be installed automatically unless you choose Advanced/Custom mode and uncheck its installation.
To sum up
After completing the steps outlined above, your machine should be free from YTLoader adware that causes a ton of undesired pop ups and other malware. The Google Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox will no longer reroute you to various intrusive web-pages. Unfortunately, if the guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help here.