If your browser’s homepage or search engine are being re-directed to the web page named Search.heasyformfinder.com, then you most probably have a browser hijacker installed on your PC system. The hijacker infection will change your web-browser’s search engine, home page and newtab so that they automatically open the Search.heasyformfinder.com webpage and use it for searches. If you would like to delete Search.heasyformfinder.com and are unable to do so, you can use the guide below to find and remove this hijacker and any other malware for free.
When you’re performing searches using the internet browser that has been affected by Search.heasyformfinder.com, the search results will be returned from Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search. The developers of Search.heasyformfinder.com browser hijacker are most probably doing this to earn advertisement profit from the ads opened in the search results.
Also, adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) can be installed on the personal computer together with Search.heasyformfinder.com browser hijacker. It will insert tons of advertisements directly to the sites that you view, creating a sense that ads has been added by the authors of the webpage. Moreover, legal advertisements can be replaced on fake advertisements which will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the Search.heasyformfinder.com browser hijacker has the ability to gather personal information about you that may be later transferred to third parties.
We suggest you to clean your PC system of hijacker infection as soon as possible. Use the steps below that will help to delete Search.heasyformfinder.com and adware, that can be installed onto your computer along with it.
Remove Search.heasyformfinder.com (removal tutorial)
There are a simple manual guide below that will help you to remove Search.heasyformfinder.com from your MS Windows PC. The most effective way to remove this browser hijacker is to perform the manual removal guidance and then run Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Free or HitmanPro automatic tools (all are free). The manual way will assist to weaken this hijacker infection and these malware removal tools will completely remove Search.heasyformfinder.com and restore the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer settings to default.
To remove Search.heasyformfinder.com, execute the following steps:
- How to manually get rid of Search.heasyformfinder.com
- Scan your system and get rid of Search.heasyformfinder.com with free tools
- Block Search.heasyformfinder.com and other undesired web sites
- Why has my start page and search provider changed to Search.heasyformfinder.com?
- To sum up
How to manually get rid of Search.heasyformfinder.com
Steps to remove Search.heasyformfinder.com browser hijacker infection without any apps are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step instructions completely to fully get rid of this annoying Search.heasyformfinder.com search.
Uninstalling the Search.heasyformfinder.com, check the list of installed apps first
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed programs. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of programs by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and dubious applications, they are the ones you need to delete.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and remove all questionable and unknown applications. We suggest to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. After you’ve found anything dubious that may be the browser hijacker infection that causes internet browsers to display intrusive Search.heasyformfinder.com page or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then choose this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your system.
Remove Search.heasyformfinder.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, run the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
When the procedure is complete, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s new tab page, homepage and default search provider to default state.
Remove Search.heasyformfinder.com homepage from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to get rid of the hijacker, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s search engine by default, new tab and startpage that have been modified by Search.heasyformfinder.com hijacker.
- First run the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your browser’s default search engine, new tab page and homepage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Search.heasyformfinder.com start page from Mozilla Firefox
If your Mozilla Firefox web browser start page has changed to Search.heasyformfinder.com without your permission or an unknown search provider opens results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox browser settings to their original state.
Scan your system and get rid of Search.heasyformfinder.com with free tools
It’s not enough to get rid of Search.heasyformfinder.com from your web browser by following the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some Search.heasyformfinder.com browser hijacker related files may remain on your PC and they will restore the browser hijacker infection even after you delete it. For that reason we suggest to run free anti-malware tool like Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free and Hitman Pro. Either of those applications should can scan for and get rid of browser hijacker which redirects your web browser to undesired Search.heasyformfinder.com web site.
How to automatically get rid of Search.heasyformfinder.com with Zemana Free
We suggest you to run the Zemana that are completely clean your machine. Moreover, the utility will help you to remove potentially unwanted applications, malicious software, toolbars and ad-supported software that your PC system can be infected too.
- Installing the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is simple. First you will need to download Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- When the download is complete, close all software and windows on your PC. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the browser hijacker infection that modifies internet browser settings to replace your new tab, homepage and search engine with Search.heasyformfinder.com webpage. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once the scan get completed, Zemana AntiMalware will display a list of found items. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next”. Once the process is done, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
Use Hitman Pro to get rid of Search.heasyformfinder.com search
Hitman Pro is a completely free (30 day trial) utility. You do not need expensive ways to get rid of browser hijacker that responsible for web browser reroute to the unwanted Search.heasyformfinder.com web site and other misleading applications. HitmanPro will uninstall all the unwanted programs such as ‘ad supported’ software and browser hijacker infections at zero cost.
- Download HitmanPro on your system by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, press the “Next” to find Search.heasyformfinder.com hijacker and other web-browser’s harmful extensions. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- Once HitmanPro has finished scanning your system, you’ll be opened the list of all detected threats on your PC. When you are ready, click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Use Malwarebytes to delete Search.heasyformfinder.com
Manual Search.heasyformfinder.com removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the browser hijacker infection may be not completely removed. We recommend that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC of browser hijacker. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malicious software, potentially unwanted software, adware and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
Installing the MalwareBytes Anti Malware is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
Once the downloading process is complete, close all windows on your machine. Further, run the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” that will assist you install MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) on the machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, press Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown on the screen below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your system for the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Search.heasyformfinder.com. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) program is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified as threat.
Once MalwareBytes Anti-Malware completes the scan, you’ll be displayed the list of all found threats on your machine. Once you have selected what you wish to remove from your computer press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes will remove Search.heasyformfinder.com browser hijacker infection and other web browser’s harmful plugins and add items to the Quarantine. When finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer. We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to get rid of browser hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software and other malicious software.
Block Search.heasyformfinder.com and other undesired web sites
It is important to use ad-blocker apps such as AdGuard to protect your machine from malicious web-pages. Most security experts says that it is okay to block advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop Search.heasyformfinder.com and other annoying web-pages.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading is done, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as on the image below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, web-pages such as Search.heasyformfinder.com, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Why has my start page and search provider changed to Search.heasyformfinder.com?
Many apps used to hijack a machine’s web browser. So, when you installing free software, carefully read the disclaimers, choose the Custom or Advanced install method to watch for bundled applications that are being installed, because some of the programs are ‘ad supported’ software and potentially unwanted software.
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the browser hijacker which cause a redirect to Search.heasyformfinder.com webpage. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted ads and annoying harmful web-sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new hijacker infections and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Search.heasyformfinder.com redirect from the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and MS Edge, then ask for help here here.