The MusicFinder Search as your startpage or search engine should not be underestimated, because the reason for its appearance within your web-browser is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the browser hijacker group which has been installed onto your machine. The hijacker can bring a security risk to your system. So, do not ignore it! Of course, the MusicFinder Search is just a web site, but the browser hijacker uses it to redirect your internet browser onto intrusive web pages, even without your permission and desire to see it. The MusicFinder Search as your homepage or search engine can be just the beginning, because your computer is affected by potentially unwanted software, so the amount of problems with your web browser in the future may increase.
Besides the fact that MusicFinder Search hijacker rewrites your home page, this intrusive web-page can set yourself as your search provider. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of a lot of ads, links to undesired and ad websites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search providers. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the World Wide Web, is an unpleasant moment. Moreover, the MusicFinder Search hijacker be able to gather user information. This personal information, in the future, can be used for marketing purposes. What creates the risk of theft of your user data.
Some hijacker infections also contain adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) that can display annoying ads or gather lots of confidential data about you that may be used for marketing purposes. These unwanted ads can be shown in the form of pop-unders, pop-ups, in-text ads, video ads, text links or banners or even massive full page ads. Most of the adware is made to open ads, but certain ad-supported software is form of spyware that often used to track users to collect a wide variety of user info about you.
To find out how to remove MusicFinder Search startpage, we advise to read the steps added to this article below. The guidance was prepared by IT security experts who discovered a way to remove the annoying MusicFinder Search browser hijacker infection out of the machine.
Remove MusicFinder Search from Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In order to remove MusicFinder Search from the MS Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox and set your preferred startpage and search engine, you need to reset the internet browser settings. Additionally, you should look up for other questionable entries, such as files, programs, browser add-ons and shortcut files. However, if you want to remove MusicFinder Search easily, you should use reputable antimalware utility and let it do the job for you.
To remove MusicFinder Search, complete the following steps:
- Remove MusicFinder Search without any utilities
- Scan your PC system and get rid of MusicFinder Search with free utilities
- Block MusicFinder Search and other undesired web-pages
- Why is my browser redirected to MusicFinder Search?
- To sum up
Remove MusicFinder Search without any utilities
Read this section to know how to manually get rid of the MusicFinder Search browser hijacker. Even if the step-by-step guide does not work for you, there are several free malware removers below that can easily handle such hijackers.
Delete MusicFinder Search related programs through the Control Panel of your machine
It is of primary importance to first identify and get rid of all PUPs, adware software and hijacker infections through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your MS Windows Control Panel.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all apps installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Remove MusicFinder Search from Firefox by resetting browser settings
Resetting Firefox web-browser will reset all the settings to their original state and will remove MusicFinder Search, malicious add-ons and extensions. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of MusicFinder Search from Chrome
If your Chrome web-browser is redirected to undesired MusicFinder Search web page, it may be necessary to completely reset your internet browser program to its default settings.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of MusicFinder Search from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web-browser new tab, default search provider and startpage you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your PC.
First, run the IE, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of hijacker infection responsible for redirects to MusicFinder Search, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like home page, newtab and default search provider to default state.
Scan your PC system and get rid of MusicFinder Search with free utilities
After completing the manual removal instructions above all unwanted software and internet browser’s plugins which causes internet browser redirects to the MusicFinder Search webpage should be uninstalled. If the problem with MusicFinder Search hijacker is still remained, then we suggest to scan your PC system for any remaining malicious components. Run recommended free hijacker removal software below.
Run Zemana to delete MusicFinder Search startpage
Zemana Anti-Malware is a free program for Windows operating system to scan for and remove potentially unwanted applications, ‘ad supported’ software, harmful internet browser extensions, browser toolbars, and other unwanted software such as hijacker that created to redirect your browser to the MusicFinder Search site, installed on your personal computer.
- Download Zemana AntiMalware on your personal computer by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is done, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Free program will scan through the whole personal computer for the browser hijacker that redirects your internet browser to intrusive MusicFinder Search website. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When that process is complete, Zemana AntiMalware will prepare a list of undesired and adware.
- When you are ready, click the “Next” button. The tool will get rid of browser hijacker infection which made to redirect your web-browser to the MusicFinder Search site and move items to the program’s quarantine. Once the cleaning procedure is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Scan and free your system of browser hijacker with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a portable tool that searches for and uninstalls undesired software like hijacker infections, adware, toolbars, other browser extensions and other malicious software. It scans your computer for browser hijacker infection related to MusicFinder Search and produces a list of items marked for removal. HitmanPro will only erase those unwanted software that you wish to be removed.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- Once the download is finished, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is started, press “Next” button . HitmanPro tool will start scanning the whole system to find out hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to MusicFinder Search. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC and the speed of your personal computer. While the HitmanPro program is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- After the system scan is finished, Hitman Pro will display a screen that contains a list of malware that has been detected. Next, you need to press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Scan and clean your system of hijacker with Malwarebytes
Manual MusicFinder Search redirect removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker infection can be not completely removed. We suggest that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system of browser hijacker. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete malicious software, potentially unwanted applications, adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Free on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onto your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker that designed to redirect your browser to the MusicFinder Search webpage. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- Once the system scan is finished, a list of all items found is prepared.
- You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block MusicFinder Search and other undesired web-pages
We suggest to install an ad blocking program which can stop MusicFinder Search and other annoying websites. The ad-blocker utility such as AdGuard is a application which basically removes advertising from the Internet and stops access to malicious web sites. Moreover, security experts says that using ad blocking applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the World Wide Web.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop up advertisements, MusicFinder Search redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
Why is my browser redirected to MusicFinder Search?
To sum up
Now your system should be clean of the browser hijacker responsible for MusicFinder Search . We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your personal computer for new hijackers and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop intrusive popup ads and harmful web-sites). Moreover, to prevent any browser hijacker infection, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to detect PUPs.
If you need more help with MusicFinder Search redirect related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.