Did you install Firefox Antivirus browser add-on? If yes, then you should known that it is a malicious Firefox extension from the adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) category. You should delete this add-on immediately. Here, in this article below, you can found the effective guidance on How to delete Firefox Antivirus extension from your Mozilla Firefox for free.
While your browser is infected by the Firefox Antivirus extension, the Mozilla Firefox may be rerouted to various undesired web site, ads and deals. Of course, this “virus” may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may display a huge count of intrusive ads. These advertisements will be injected within the content of web-pages that are you opening in the Mozilla Firefox browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all web-pages, including sites where previously you have never seen any sponsored links.
Maybe you approve the idea that the pop-up ads from it is just a small problem. But the Firefox Antivirus add-on eat machine resources. The worst is, it be able to collect your browsing history and privacy data, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, personal info can be used for marketing purposes.
Thus, it’s clear that the presence of this harmful extension on your computer is not desirable, and you need to clean up your PC system sooner. Follow the step by step guidance below in order to delete Firefox Antivirus add-on.
How to remove Firefox Antivirus harmful extension
When the virus gets installed on your PC system without your knowledge, it’s not easy to delete. Most commonly, there is no Uninstall program which simply uninstall the Firefox Antivirus harmful plugin from your personal computer. So, we advise using several well-proven free specialized tools like Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) or Hitman Pro. But the best way to remove Firefox Antivirus will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally run antimalware utilities.
To remove Firefox Antivirus, execute the following steps:
- Manual Firefox Antivirus removal
- Firefox Antivirus extension automatic removal
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
- Finish words
Manual Firefox Antivirus removal
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually delete Firefox Antivirus from the Firefox web browser.
Delete potentially unwanted software through the MS Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted programs, plugin and browser hijacker infections can be removed using the Add/Remove programs utility which is located in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you are running any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all programs installed on the PC system.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall questionable and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Remove Firefox Antivirus from Mozilla Firefox
Reset Firefox settings is a simple way to get rid of the hijackers, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s newtab, search engine, startpage and other settings that have been changed by Firefox Antivirus harmful extension.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Firefox web browser settings to its original state.
Firefox Antivirus extension automatic removal
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users may not completely remove Firefox Antivirus virus that causes internet browsers to open intrusive popups. So, we recommend to check your PC for any remaining harmful components with free malicious extension removal apps below.
How to automatically remove Firefox Antivirus extension with Zemana Anti-malware
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your computer of the harmful add-on. The tool is an advanced malware removal application developed by (c) Zemana lab. It is able to help you remove PUPs, hijackers, malicious software, toolbars, ransomware and malicious add-on like the Firefox Antivirus extension.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
Once downloading is complete, close all windows on your computer. Further, open the set up file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown in the following example, press the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana on the PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will automatically launch and you can see its main window as shown in the following example.
Next, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Firefox Antivirus add-on which causes annoying ads. While the Zemana application is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified as threat.
Once Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) has completed scanning, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will open you the results. In order to delete all threats, simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will get rid of Firefox Antivirus and add threats to the Quarantine. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
Run HitmanPro to delete Firefox Antivirus malicious extension from internet browser
HitmanPro is a free portable program that scans your PC system for Firefox Antivirus plugin, PUPs and hijackers and allows remove them easily. Moreover, it will also help you delete any harmful web browser extensions and add-ons.
- Visit the page linked below to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- When the download is done, launch the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the Firefox Antivirus extension that causes web browsers to show unwanted popup ads. While the tool is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- After the scan get finished, HitmanPro will open a list of detected items. Review the scan results and then press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Remove Firefox Antivirus virus with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to detect ad supported software and thereby get rid of Firefox Antivirus plugin from your web-browsers. When installed and updated, the free malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the personal computer.
- MalwareBytes Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is done, please close all software and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the Firefox Antivirus harmful extension which cause annoying ads to appear. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your machine and the speed of your PC.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will show a list of found items.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press the “Quarantine Selected” button. When the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
If you want to get rid of intrusive advertisements, browser redirections and pop ups, then install an ad blocking program such as AdGuard. It can stop malicious pages, ads, pop ups and block web sites from tracking your online activities when using the Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. So, if you like browse the Internet, but you do not like undesired ads and want to protect your PC system from malicious web pages, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After the downloading process is complete, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as shown in the following example.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which may be found on your desktop.
Now your PC should be free of the Firefox Antivirus malicious addon that causes tons of annoying popup advertisements. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and unwanted malicious web pages) and Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your computer for new extensions and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Firefox Antivirus virus from the Mozilla Firefox, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.