If you keep receiving the FilmsNet Start when you use the internet browser, then it is a sign you have an hijacker installed on your personal computer. Once installed, it may make certain undesired changes to web browsers settings. So, every time, when you will launch the web-browser, it will begin to show FilmsNet Start instead of your homepage. Moreover, this unwanted software can block an option to revert back your startpage.
In order to force you to use FilmsNet Start as often as possible this browser hijacker can alter your web browsers’ search provider. You may even find that your PC system’s web-browser shortcuts and Windows HOSTS file are hijacked without your knowledge and conscious permission. The makers of this browser hijacker do so in order to make money via Google AdSense or another third-party ad network. Thus every your click on ads that placed on the FilmsNet Start generates money for them.
While the FilmsNet Start browser hijacker is active, you won’t be able to revert back the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Chrome’ settings like search provider, newtab page and home page. If you try to set your start page to be Google, Bing or Yahoo, those settings will be automatically altered to FilmsNet Start with the next computer restart. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to the FilmsNet Start start page you can have problems with the Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome, intrusive ads and even privacy data theft.
The hijacker such as FilmsNet Start often change all browser shortcuts that located on your Desktop to force you visit various unwanted web pages and show undesired pop up advertisements. As a result, your browser can still redirect you to an annoying page despite your web browser is actually free of browser hijacker infection.
We suggest you to free your computer of hijacker as quickly as possible. Use the step-by-step instructions below which will allow to delete FilmsNet Start search and adware, that can be installed onto your PC along with it.
How to remove FilmsNet Start from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
The answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will help you easily to clean your system of hijacker. Moreover, you may choose manual or automatic removal solution. If you are familiar with the computer then use manual removal, otherwise use the free antimalware utility created specifically to get rid of browser hijacker infection such as FilmsNet Start. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your web browser or reboot your machine.
To remove FilmsNet Start, complete the steps below:
- Remove FilmsNet Start search without any tools
- FilmsNet Start redirect automatic removal
- How to stop FilmsNet Start
- Why is my browser redirected to FilmsNet Start?
- To sum up
Remove FilmsNet Start search without any tools
The guidance will help you get rid of FilmsNet Start redirect. These FilmsNet Start removal steps work for the FF, Google Chrome, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer, as well as every version of MS Windows operating system.
Delete PUPs through the MS Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted apps, adware and hijacker can be removed using the Add/Remove programs utility which may be found in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re running any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all software installed on the PC system.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove FilmsNet Start from Google Chrome
Use the Reset browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings like home page, default search engine and new tab to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of web-browser hijacks like FilmsNet Start.
First open the Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will display the Google Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The internet browser will display the settings screen. Another solution to show the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed in the following example and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will show the confirmation dialog box as displayed below.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The browser will start the task of cleaning. After it’s finished, the browser’s settings including newtab, start page and default search engine back to the values which have been when the Chrome was first installed on your machine.
Remove FilmsNet Start search from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted extensions or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by a malware.
First, start the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Get rid of FilmsNet Start from Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox settings like homepage, default search provider and new tab have been replaced by the hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown in the following example.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the hijacker responsible for changing your internet browser settings to FilmsNet Start. When, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Fix web-browser shortcuts, changed by FilmsNet Start hijacker
After installed, the browser hijacker responsible for FilmsNet Start home page, may add an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge. Due to this, every time you run the internet browser, it will display an undesired web-site.
Right click on the shortcut file of affected internet browser as on the image below.
Select the “Properties” option and it will display the shortcut’s properties. Next, press the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field as on the image below.
Then click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all internet browsers that are rerouted to the FilmsNet Start intrusive web-page.
FilmsNet Start redirect automatic removal
If you are not expert at computers, then we recommend to use free removal utilities listed below to remove FilmsNet Start home page for good. The automatic method is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual method. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic FilmsNet Start removal is a better option.
How to remove FilmsNet Start with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
We suggest you to run the Zemana which are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the utility will allow you to delete PUPs, malicious software, toolbars and ad supported software that your computer can be infected too.
- Download Zemana on your PC system by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is done, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) utility will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out browser hijacker infection that responsible for web-browser redirect to the intrusive FilmsNet Start web-site. Depending on your PC, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- After the system scan is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- Review the results once the utility has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Next” button. The tool will remove browser hijacker infection related to FilmsNet Start and move items to the program’s quarantine. When that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Zemana AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Get rid of FilmsNet Start search from web browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro frees your PC system from ad supported software, PUPs, unwanted toolbars, internet browser extensions and other undesired apps like hijacker responsible for redirects to FilmsNet Start. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your PC to its fullest. Hitman Pro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to find if there are undesired programs in your computer. You can review the scan results, and select the threats you want to erase.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of HitmanPro for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is done, run the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to detect browser hijacker which created to reroute your web-browser to the FilmsNet Start web page. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the HitmanPro application is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- After the checking is finished, you will be opened the list of all found threats on your system. You may delete items (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
How to get rid of FilmsNet Start with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your personal computer of the browser hijacker infection. The free tool is an advanced malware removal program made by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It’s able to help you remove browser hijacker infections, potentially unwanted applications, malicious software, ad supported software, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your system for free.
Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
When downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup as displayed on the screen below.
When the installation starts, you’ll see the “Setup wizard” which will help you setup Malwarebytes on your computer.
Once installation is complete, you’ll see window as shown on the image below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button for scanning your computer for the browser hijacker infection responsible for FilmsNet Start startpage. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan MalwareBytes Free will look for threats present on your PC system.
As the scanning ends, you may check all items detected on your system. Review the results once the utility has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now begin to delete hijacker responsible for FilmsNet Start . After disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
The following video explains few simple steps on how to remove browser hijacker infection, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes.
How to stop FilmsNet Start
Use an adblocker tool like AdGuard will protect you from harmful advertisements and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam web sites. Additionally, ad blocker programs will help you to avoid undesired pop up ads and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Click the following link to download AdGuard. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- Once the download is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop advertisements, FilmsNet Start redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
Why is my browser redirected to FilmsNet Start?
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the hijacker responsible for FilmsNet Start . We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your system for new hijacker infections and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block undesired pop-ups and malicious web-sites). Moreover, to prevent any hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party applications, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to search for PUPs.
If you need more help with FilmsNet Start startpage related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.