Have you become that your internet browser randomly shows Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top site offering install an Adobe Flash Player Update? It is a sign that you have an installed adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) on your system. The ad supported software is a part of malicious software that developed to open tons of intrusive pop-up advertisements. Complete the few simple steps below ASAP. It’ll clear your PC from adware that generates tons of popup ads in the web-browser and thereby get rid of the reroute to Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top page.
The ad supported software is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is designed to fill the web-browser’s constant stream of ads, or redirect the web-browser to not expected and intrusive advertising web sites. Moreover, the adware can substitute the legitimate ads on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious web-pages. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web sites, so the creators of ‘ad supported’ software, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the adware receive income.
Most often, the adware affects the most common browsers like the Chrome, FF, Edge and IE. But such the malicious software as well may infect another internet browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a web browser’s shortcut). So every time you run the web browser, it will reroute to the unwanted Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top web page. Even if you setup a new home page, an undesired web site will be the first thing you see when you launch the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
We strongly recommend that you perform the step-by-step guide below that will assist you to delete Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top advertisements using the standard features of Windows and some proven free applications.
Remove Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop-up advertisements
The ‘ad supported’ software is a form of malicious software that you might have difficulty in uninstalling it from your system. Happily, you’ve found the effective Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top advertisements removal steps in this article. Both the manual removal solution and the automatic removal method will be provided below and you can just select the one that best for you. If you’ve any questions or need assist then type a comment below. Some of the steps below will require you to exit this web site. So, please read the few simple steps carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
How to manually remove Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top
Most common ‘ad supported’ software may be removed without any antivirus applications. The manual ‘ad supported’ software removal is steps that will teach you how to remove the Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop ups.
Delete potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed programs on your PC and uninstall all unknown and recently installed software. If you see an unknown application with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malware and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal tool such as Zemana Anti-malware.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all programs installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you launch your personal computer, it will show Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top intrusive web-page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all malicious tasks that have been created by unwanted programs.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This shows a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the malicious program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by unwanted programs. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Fix web browser shortcuts, altered by ‘ad supported’ software
Important to know, most anti malware software that are able to remove adware, but unable to scan for and recover modified shortcuts. So, you need to fix the desktop shortcuts for your Google Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and IE web-browsers manually.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text like “http://site.address” that has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the Firefox settings like homepage, new tab page and search engine by default have been modified by the ‘ad supported’ software, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, open the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop-ups from Google Chrome
Like other modern web browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the browser’s settings like start page, new tab page and search provider by default that have been changed by the ad-supported software that redirects your internet browser to intrusive Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top site.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting IE internet browser you return your web browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that causes browsers to display undesired Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop-up ads.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then press the “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed on the image below.
After the task is done, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s homepage, newtab and default search provider to default state.
Scan your computer and delete Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop-up ads with free tools
Manual removal guide does not always help to completely remove the adware, as it is not easy to identify and get rid of components of ‘ad supported’ software and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it’s recommended that you run malware removal tool to completely remove Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top off your internet browser. Several free malware removal tools are currently available that can be used against the ad supported software. The optimum method would be to run Zemana Anti-malware, Malwarebytes Free and AdwCleaner.
How to automatically remove Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop-up ads with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware highly recommended, because it can find security threats such adware and adwares which most ‘classic’ antivirus programs fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop-up advertisements removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana Anti-malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Download Zemana by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- After the download is done, close all software and windows on your system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the ‘ad supported’ software which cause annoying Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop-ups to appear. While the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When finished, Zemana will display a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. You may move threats to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply press “Next”. After the cleaning procedure is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your system.
Run Malwarebytes to get rid of Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top redirect
Manual Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top redirect removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system of adware. Moreover, the free application will allow you to get rid of malicious software, PUPs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your machine can be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Free by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- After the download is finished, close all applications and windows on your personal computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan Now” button .MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program will scan through the whole computer for the ad-supported software that causes web-browsers to show annoying Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top ads. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After the scanning is done, MalwareBytes Free will open a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found. When you’re ready, click “Quarantine Selected”. Once that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart your system.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
Get rid of Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top redirect from web browsers with AdwCleaner
If MalwareBytes anti malware or Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) cannot get rid of this adware, then we suggests to run the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal utility for hijacker infections, PUPs, toolbars and ad supported software that causes a lot of intrusive Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop-ups.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2019
- When the download is finished, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is opened, press “Scan” button .AdwCleaner program will scan through the whole machine for the adware that causes tons of unwanted Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop ups. While the AdwCleaner is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After finished, AdwCleaner will open you the results. In order to delete all threats, simply press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, press “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Block Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop-up ads and other undesired web-sites
By installing an ad blocker application such as AdGuard, you’re able to stop Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top, autoplaying video ads and remove a large number of distracting and annoying ads on sites.
Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link and save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed on the image below.
Follow the prompts. When the install is complete, you will see a window as shown on the screen below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop-ups, web-sites such Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How to avoid installation of Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop ups
Now your personal computer should be free of the adware that causes web browsers to show intrusive Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top popup advertisements. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up ads and intrusive harmful web-pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your PC system for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new ad supported softwares, malicious programs and ‘ad supported’ software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Upgrade.audio-and-video-app.top pop-ups from your web-browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.