If your antivirus antivirus detects Backdoor.Andromeda then it indicates that your computer is infected with a trojan horse. This malicious software usually come with some freeware or from malicious websites that ask users to download and run a browser update, new version of adobe flash player or java update. Once started, the Backdoor.Andromeda will be configured to run every time when Windows starts. The trojan can display tons of unwanted popups, inject ads into web-pages that you are opening in the Internet browser, download and install other malicious programs, hijack the web-browser’s settings such as homepage and search engine, use your personal computer for click fraud, give a hacker access to your machine and so on.
If you find that your antivirus detects the Backdoor.Andromeda threat, then don’t wait, follow the step-by-step guide below which will help to remove Backdoor.Andromeda and any associated malware for free.
Common symptoms of Backdoor.Andromeda
If you still are not sure that your computer is infected with this parasite, then check your computer for the common symptoms of the infection:
- Your browser displays banner ads where previously you have never seen.
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer (Edge) shows a lot of annoying advertisements.
- Web browser’s settings such as homepage and default search engine are hijacked
- Your an antivirus or antispyware software detects an infection.
- Internet connection may be slow.
How to remove Backdoor.Andromeda
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will allow you easily to clean your computer of Backdoor.Andromeda trojan. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your browser or reboot your PC system.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Scan your computer with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
- Scan your computer with AdwCleaner
- Scan your computer with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
- Disinfect browser’s shortcuts
- Reset web-browser’s settings
- Protect your computer from annoying ads and malicious sites
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program” It will show a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list and delete any suspicious and unknown programs.
Scan your computer with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
You can delete Backdoor.Andromeda automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malware removal utility because it can easily delete adware, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your computer using the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
Once the downloading process is done, close all windows on your machine. Further, open the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like below, press the Yes button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Malwarebytes on the machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
When the setup is finished successfully, press Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown in the figure below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button for checking your system for the Backdoor.Andromeda and other malware and adware. When a malicious software is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done. Please be patient.
Once the system scan is done, you can check all threats detected on your PC. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will begin removing Backdoor.Andromeda and other malware. When the disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer. I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the Malwarebytes to remove ad-supported software and other malicious software.
Scan your computer with AdwCleaner
If MalwareBytes cannot remove Backdoor.Andromeda , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: October 27, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the utility is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, press the “Scan” button for scanning your computer for Backdoor.Andromeda and other malicious software.
- Once the checking is complete, AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, press “OK” button.
The following video explains the few simple steps above on how to get rid of adware with AdwCleaner.
Scan your computer with Kaspersky virus removal tool
Kaspersky virus removal tool is a well-known free security tool. It uses the Kaspersky Anti-Virus engine to detect and remove viruses, trojans and malware.
- Download Kaspersky virus removal tool from the following link and save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Kaspersky virus removal tool
Author: Kaspersky® lab
Category: Security tools
Update: November 3, 2015
- Double-click on the KVRT icon found on your desktop. Once initialization process is finished, you will see the Kaspersky virus removal tool screen.
- Click Change Parameters and set a check near all your drives. Click OK to close the Parameters window.
- Press Start scan button. Kaspersky virus removal tool will now start scanning your computer for known infections. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When KVRT has finished scanning, click on Continue to start a cleaning process.
Disinfect browser’s shortcuts
When installed, the Backdoor.Andromeda malware may add an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, FF, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will display an unwanted web-site.
Right click on the web browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
Next, click OK to save changes. You need to clean all web browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge.
Reset web-browser’s settings
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Protect your computer from annoying ads and malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block unwanted pop-ups, annoying ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Now your PC system should be free of the Backdoor.Andromeda trojan. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and unwanted dangerous web sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your PC for new malware and ‘ad-supported’ software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious software and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Backdoor.Andromeda advertisements from your personal computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.