The pin22pin.com is a ad site which is loaded into your browser with the help of adware. The adware may change the settings of browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge or install a malicious browser extension, which created to generate lots of annoying pop-up ads. It will lead to the fact that when you start the web-browser or surfing the Internet, it will always be forced to open pin22pin.com ads, even when your browser is configured to block pop-up ads or your computer has a program that stops advertisements. On current date, the ad supported software continues to increase the number of PCs that have been infected.
The adware can change the settings of the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but often that a malicious software such as this can also infect all types of internet browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the web-browser to see pin22pin.com annoying advertising links.
What is more, the ad supported software may open ads depend on a page that you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this ad supported software, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible follow the instructions below to get rid of ad supported software and clean your system from the pin22pin.com redirect. What is more, the guide will help you remove other dangerous software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the computer along with the adware.
How does pin22pin.com ads get installed onto system
How to manually remove pin22pin.com ads
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove pin22pin.com from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete pin22pin.com redirect
- Remove pin22pin.com redirect from Chrome
- Remove pin22pin.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove pin22pin.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the personal computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free applications at its installation additionally set various unneeded software that most often generate unwanted advertising banners and redirect your internet browser to pin22pin.com site. So, delete the unneeded programs may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete pin22pin.com redirect
Once installed, the adware may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will show the pin22pin.com annoying web page.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Remove pin22pin.com redirect from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage, new tab page and search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove pin22pin.com from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto pin22pin.com ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to show the Tools menu. It opens the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove pin22pin.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
How to remove pin22pin.com with Anti-malware
Manual removal pin22pin.com popup ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free programs will help you to get rid of malware, web-browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for ad supported software removal scan. It will begin scanning your computer for the ad supported software which redirects your browser to the pin22pin.com unwanted web-site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Remove Selected” button to begin cleaning your PC. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
How to block pin22pin.com ads
To increase your security and protect your system against new unwanted ads and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious advertisements and web sites. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, pin22pin.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove pin22pin.com pop-up ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot get rid of the annoying pin22pin.com advertisements within the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 21, 2017
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the adware which shows the ads from pin22pin.com page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will display a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your personal computer.
When your PC is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for pin22pin.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted pin22pin.com .