The Yoursearch.me is hijacker from the family of browser hijackers that changes the settings of browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. It will lead to the fact that when you start a web-browser, it will always be forced to open Yoursearch.me site, even as your homepage has been set to a completely different page. On current date, the hijacker continues to increase the number of computers that have been infected.
The Yoursearch.me browser hijacker infection can change the settings of the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but often that a parasites such as this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the internet browser to see Yoursearch.me annoying web-site.
When your PC is infected, every time you launch your web-browser you will see this site. Of course you can setup your homepage again, but next time you start a web-browser you will see that Yoursearch.me homepage return. As mentioned above, the browser hijacker may change the default search engine on this annoying web page too, so all your search queries will be redirected to Yoursearch.me. Thus the authors of the browser hijacker may collect the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to malicious web-sites.
Often, the system, that has been infected with Yoursearch.me browser hijacker infection, will be also infected with adware, which will open a huge number of various ads. This may be pop-ups, text links in the web-pages, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware may replace the legitimate advertisements with malicious advertising links that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted software or visit the various dangerous and misleading web sites.
How to Yoursearch.me hijacker infection get installed onto computer
How to manually remove Yoursearch.me
This instructions will help you get rid of Yoursearch.me search. These Yoursearch.me removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the browser or reboot your system. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Delete Yoursearch.me associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Uninstall Yoursearch.me from Chrome
- Remove Yoursearch.me homepage from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Yoursearch.me redirect from IE
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete Yoursearch.me
Delete Yoursearch.me associated software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the personal computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free programs at its installation additionally set various unneeded applications that most often generate unwanted advertising links and redirect your browser to unknown and malicious sites. So, uninstall the unneeded software may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all programs installed on the PC system.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video step-by-step guide below.
Uninstall Yoursearch.me from Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next press to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as_shown and press on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove Yoursearch.me homepage from Mozilla Firefox
First, launch the Firefox. Open the main menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button (). In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Yoursearch.me redirect from IE
To restore the home page, newtab page and search provider by default you need to reset the Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your computer.
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It shows the drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown below. Once the task is finished, click “Close” button, then close the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your browser’s start page and search provider by default to default state.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete Yoursearch.me search
Once installed, this hijacker may add “http://yoursearch.me/” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you open the browser, it will display the annoying home page.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://yoursearch.me/” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. To save changes, press OK . You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
How to delete Yoursearch.me with Antimalware
Get rid of Yoursearch.me hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: November 3, 2015
- Close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your PC for Yoursearch.me hijacker. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
The following video offers a instructions on how to remove browser hijacker with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
How to block Yoursearch.me search
To increase your security and protect your system against new unwanted advertising links and malicious sites, you need to use application that blocks access to dangerous advertising and pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such Yoursearch.me, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove Yoursearch.me browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: October 20, 2016
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen as shown on the image below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Yoursearch.me browser hijacker infection and web-browser’s malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown in the figure below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is complete, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your personal computer.
When your PC is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Yoursearch.me startpage removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Yoursearch.me removal.