Have you opened the internet browser and found a previously unseen web page called Allo-search.com? If you answered ‘Yes’ then your need to know that your system is infected with a browser hijacker. The browser hijacker is a type of dangerous software that alters your PC’s web-browser settings so that you are rerouted to an unwanted page. You need to perform the steps below as soon as possible to get rid of Allo-search.com homepage and block the ability to penetrate of more dangerous viruses and trojans on your system.
The Allo-search.com hijacker can change the settings of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, but often that a parasites like this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time launch the internet browser to see Allo-search.com annoying web-site.
When your computer is infected, every time you start your web-browser you will see this site. Of course you can setup your home page again, but next time you launch a web-browser you will see that Allo-search.com search return. As mentioned above, the browser hijacker infection may change the default search engine on this unwanted web page too, so all your search queries will be redirected to Allo-search.com. Thus the authors of the browser hijacker may collect the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to malicious web-sites.
Also on the computer together with Allo-search.com browser hijacker can be installed an adware, which will insert a tons of advertising links directly to the web-pages that you view, creating a sense that advertisements has been added by the creators of the web site. Moreover, a legal advertising links may be replaced on the fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the Allo-search.com browser hijacker infection has the ability to collect a huge amount of personal information about you, which can later transfer to third parties.
How to Allo-search.com hijacker infection get installed onto computer
How to manually remove Allo-search.com
If you perform exactly the guide below you should be able to remove the Allo-search.com . Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your system.
- Uninstall Allo-search.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Allo-search.com search
- Remove Allo-search.com startpage from Google Chrome
- Delete Allo-search.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Allo-search.com search from Internet Explorer
Uninstall Allo-search.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the program that causes the appearance of annoying advertising links and browser redirect to unwanted sites, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Allo-search.com search
Once installed, this browser hijacker may add “http://www.allo-search.com/” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will show the unwanted homepage.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://www.allo-search.com/” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Remove Allo-search.com startpage from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been modified by hijacker.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your web-browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your start page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Allo-search.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
If the FF settings such as homepage, new tab page and search engine by default have been changed by the hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Run the Firefox and press button to open the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will display the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Allo-search.com browser hijacker. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove Allo-search.com search from Internet Explorer
Open the IE tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
How to delete Allo-search.com with Antimalware
Uninstall Allo-search.com hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- Close all programs and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for Allo-search.com browser hijacker infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
Block Allo-search.com startpage and other annoying pages
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted ads and malicious sites, you need to use an program that blocks access to dangerous ads and pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, web pages such Allo-search.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Remove Allo-search.com browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: September 3, 2018
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Allo-search.com browser hijacker and browser’s malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your system.
When your system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Allo-search.com redirect removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Allo-search.com removal.