The poptracker.ru is an one of the many advertising sites, which can be opened automatically each time you start the browser. The reason of automatic opening of this web page is an adware, which was set on your computer without your consent. Because, the ad supported software is often used to open a huge number of annoying advertising within the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge’s screen. As, the advertisers do not disdain to use any methods to promote their web sites and attract new users. Below we explain how to remove ad supported software and remove poptracker.ru unwanted advertising from your internet browser.
The malicious software from the ad supported software family that changes the settings of internet browsers usually affects only the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software may change the Target property of a web-browser’s shortcut, so every time you launch the internet browser, instead of your homepage, you will see the unwanted poptracker.ru advertising.
Technically, the ad supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a tons of advertisements, hindering or completely blocking the work in the internet browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit malicious sites. Moreover, with the ad supported software, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your system, that will replace your home page with an unwanted web page.
We recommend to remove the adware, which redirects your browser on the poptracker.ru unwanted web-site, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other malicious software on your PC system.
How does poptracker.ru advertising get installed onto PC system
How to manually remove poptracker.ru
This steps will help you delete poptracker.ru . These poptracker.ru removal steps work for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web-browser or reboot your computer. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of poptracker.ru redirect
- Remove poptracker.ru redirect from Google Chrome
- Remove poptracker.ru popup ads from Firefox
- Remove poptracker.ru ads from Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and get rid of all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free software. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the unwanted advertising or browser redirect to unknown or annoying web pages.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will show a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of poptracker.ru redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to run your internet browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the internet browser which is redirected to the poptracker.ru or other unwanted site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The adware can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you run your web-browser. Depending on the web-browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe Opera: opera.exe Firefox: firefox.exe If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://poptracker.ru” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below. Click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the poptracker.ru web page or any other unwanted web sites that is advertised by the adware. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove poptracker.ru redirect from Google Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove poptracker.ru popup ads from Firefox
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove poptracker.ru ads from Internet Explorer
Run Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The IE will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Internet Explorer’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the poptracker.ru annoying web-page.
How to get rid of poptracker.ru with Antimalware
Remove poptracker.ru advertisements manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free software will help you to get rid of malware, browser hijacker and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for the ad supported software which redirects your internet browser to the poptracker.ru annoying page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block poptracker.ru
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new unwanted ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising and web sites. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, poptracker.ru redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with poptracker.ru ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to poptracker.ru advertising, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: August 1, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the poptracker.ru advertisements.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for poptracker.ru advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the unwanted poptracker.ru ads.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.