If you keep receiving the Px.media-serving.com pop-up ads, when you browse the World Wide Web with the Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge, then it could mean your personal computer is infected with adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) from the big malware family. Once started, it may install a malicious internet browser’s addon which generates a large number of ads or modify the browser’s settings to show advertisements on all web pages that you are opening in the browser, even on those pages where before you did not see any advertisements. We recommend you to clean you personal computer from ‘ad supported’ software and thereby remove Px.media-serving.com popup ads. Follow the steps below ASAP. It’ll remove all intrusive pop up ads and protect your system from more harmful applications and trojans.
It’s not a good idea to have an unwanted application such as this ‘ad supported’ software on your system. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The adware can also be used to collect personal information which can be later transferred to third parties. You don’t know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any Px.media-serving.com pop up advertisements.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, some adware to also change all internet browsers shortcuts which located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to redirect your internet browser to unwanted ad web-pages such as Px.media-serving.com, certain of which might be malicious. It can make the whole machine more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
We strongly suggest that you perform the step-by-step guide below that will allow you to remove Px.media-serving.com ads using the standard features of Windows and some proven free applications.
How to remove Px.media-serving.com redirect
There are a simple manual steps below which will help you to get rid of Px.media-serving.com popup advertisements from your Windows system. The most effective way to get rid of this adware is to follow the manual removal guidance and then run Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware or AdwCleaner automatic tools (all are free). The manual method will assist to weaken this adware and these malicious software removal utilities will completely remove Px.media-serving.com redirect and revert back the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge settings to default.
Get rid of Px.media-serving.com ads without any utilities
Read this “How to remove” section to know how to manually delete ad-supported software which developed to redirect your web-browser to various ad sites such as Px.media-serving.com. Even if the steps does not work for you, there are several free malware removers below that can easily handle such ad supported software that causes a huge number of unwanted Px.media-serving.com advertisements.
Remove Px.media-serving.com related software through the Control Panel of your machine
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed applications. We suggest to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of applications by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all software installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your computer, it will show Px.media-serving.com undesired web-page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all harmful tasks which have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This shows a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please choose the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your personal computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to delete, then click on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
Fix infected internet browsers shortcuts to remove Px.media-serving.com redirect
After installed, this ‘ad supported’ software may add an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Chrome, FF, Edge and Internet Explorer. Due to this, every time you open the internet browser, it will show an undesired ad web site.
Open the properties of the web browser shortcut. Right click on the shortcut of infected internet browser and choose the “Properties” option and it’ll open the properties of the shortcut. Next, choose the “Shortcut” tab and have a look at the Target field as shown on the screen below.
Normally, if the last word in the Target field is chrome.exe, iexplore.exe, firefox.exe. Be sure to pay attention to the extension, should be “exe”! All shortcuts which have been changed by ad supported software such as Px.media-serving.com usually point to .bat, .cmd or .url files instead of .exe as displayed on the image below
Another variant, an address has been added at the end of the line. In this case the Target field looks like …Application\chrome.exe” http://site.address as shown below.
In order to fix a shortcut, you need to insert right path to the Target field or remove an address (if it has been added at the end). You can use the following information to fix your shortcuts which have been altered by ad-supported software.
|Google Chrome||C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe|
|Firefox||C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe|
|IE||C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|Opera||C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe|
Once is done, press OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web browsers which are rerouted to the Px.media-serving.com undesired web site.
Remove Px.media-serving.com pop-ups from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the ad supported software, malicious and adware extensions, as well as to recover the browser’s newtab, home page and search engine by default that have been modified by ad supported software which causes annoying Px.media-serving.com pop-up advertisements.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Px.media-serving.com popups from FF
Resetting your Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser application, including the redirect to Px.media-serving.com web-page.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the image below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the following example. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the ad-supported software which developed to reroute your browser to various ad sites like Px.media-serving.com. Once, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Px.media-serving.com ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web browser you return your web browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that redirects your internet browser to unwanted Px.media-serving.com web-page.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
How to automatically remove Px.media-serving.com pop up advertisements
If your personal computer is still infected with ad-supported software which developed to redirect your web browser to various ad sites such as Px.media-serving.com, then the best method of detection and removal is to run an anti-malware scan on the PC. Download free malware removal tools below and launch a full system scan. It will help you remove all components of the adware from hardisk and Windows registry.
Use Zemana Anti-malware to get rid of Px.media-serving.com
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your computer of the ad-supported software. The tool is an advanced malicious software removal program made by (c) Zemana lab. It’s able to help you remove PUPs, hijackers, malware, toolbars, ransomware and ad-supported software that causes lots of annoying Px.media-serving.com ads.
- Please download Zemana AntiMalware by clicking on the link below and save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your personal computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to start checking your PC system for the ad-supported software that causes lots of undesired Px.media-serving.com advertisements. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan get finished, a list of all threats detected is produced.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Next” button. The tool will begin to remove adware that designed to redirect your web-browser to various ad pages like Px.media-serving.com. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
How to remove Px.media-serving.com with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your computer of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It’s able to help you get rid of intrusive Px.media-serving.com pop-ups from your web-browsers, potentially unwanted applications, malware, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC for free.
Download MalwareBytes Free from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, close all windows on your system. Further, launch the file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you set up MalwareBytes on the system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, press Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Free will automatically launch and you can see its main window as displayed below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ‘ad supported’ software that cause undesired Px.media-serving.com pop-up ads to appear. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
After the scanning is finished, MalwareBytes will show a list of all threats detected by the scan. In order to delete all threats, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will start to get rid of ad supported software which developed to reroute your web-browser to various ad web-pages such as Px.media-serving.com. After finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system. We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malware.
Remove Px.media-serving.com pop up ads from web-browsers with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility which can check your machine for a wide range of security threats like malicious software, adwares, potentially unwanted software as well as adware that causes tons of intrusive Px.media-serving.com pop ups. It will perform a deep scan of your computer including hard drives and Windows registry. Once a malware is detected, it will help you to remove all found threats from your personal computer by a simple click.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below and save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: September 3, 2018
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then click Save.
- After downloading is finished, start the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, press the “Scan” to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that causes a ton of undesired Px.media-serving.com pop-up advertisements. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the AdwCleaner application is checking, you may see count of objects it has identified as threat.
- When AdwCleaner has completed scanning, a list of all items detected is produced. Review the report and then press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your machine, press “OK”.
The step-by-step instructions shown in detail in the following video.
Use AdBlocker to block Px.media-serving.com and stay safe online
In order to increase your security and protect your PC system against new annoying ads and malicious web pages, you need to run ad-blocking program that blocks an access to harmful ads and web pages. Moreover, the program can block the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- Once the download is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popup ads, web-sites such Px.media-serving.com, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Where the Px.media-serving.com popup advertisements comes from
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the ad supported software that causes multiple unwanted ads and pop ups. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted advertisements and undesired malicious web-sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new malware, browser hijackers and ad supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new ‘ad supported’ softwares, malicious software and ad-supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Px.media-serving.com popup advertisements from your browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.