What is YouTube Ad Remover
YouTube Ad Remover is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience, but according to security experts, it acts as adware. Adware is form of malicious software responsible for unwanted ads. Some adware will bring up ads when you is browsing the Net, while other will build up a profile of your surfing habits in order to target advertising. Even worse, adware can have spyware and keyloggers built into itself leading to greater damage to your computer and possible invasion of your personal information.
YouTube Ad Remover can generate numerous additional pop-up, banner, pop-under and in-text link ads flooding on your web-browser; gather your personal data such as login details, online searches, etc; run in the background and drag down your web-browser running speed; give more chances for other adware, PUPs even malicious software to get on your computer. It can be used to gather and transmit privacy data without your knowledge. YouTube Ad Remover is able to track information about websites visited, browser and system information, and your computer IP address.
If you are unfortunate have adware, you can follow the step-by-step instructions below that will help you to uninstall YouTube Ad Remover and get rid of unwanted ads from your internet browser.
How does YouTube Ad Remover get on your computer
Most of unwanted ads and pop-ups come from browser toolbars and/or extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and additional software. Most often, these items claim itself as software that improve your experience on the World Wide Web by providing a fast and interactive start page or a search provider that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted applications. Be cautious, start only reputable apps which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and suspicious programs.
|Name||YouTube Ad Remover|
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted program (PUP), pop up virus, popups, pop-up advertisements|
|Removal||YouTube Ad Remover removal guide|
How to remove YouTube Ad Remover (removal tutorial)
In order to delete YouTube Ad Remover , start by closing any programs and popups that are open. If a popup won’t close, then close your browser (Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome). If a program won’t close then please reboot your PC. Next, follow the steps below.
To remove YouTube Ad Remover, perform the following steps:
- Manual YouTube Ad Remover adware software removal
- Automatic Removal of YouTube Ad Remover adware
- How to stay safe online
Manual YouTube Ad Remover adware software removal
Most adware can be uninstalled manually, without the use of antivirus or other removal utilities. The manual steps below will help you remove YouTube Ad Remover adware step by step. Although each of the steps is simple and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can complete them, then use the free utilities, a list of which is given below.
Delete adware through the Windows Control Panel
First, go to MS Windows Control Panel and uninstall dubious apps, all applications you do not remember installing. It’s important to pay the most attention to apps you installed just before YouTube Ad Remover appeared on your browser. If you do not know what a program does, look for the answer on the World Wide Web.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all apps installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any questionable and unknown software.
Remove YouTube Ad Remover adware software from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings will remove YouTube Ad Remover from web-browser and disable malicious extensions. It will also clear cached and temporary data (cookies, site data and content). When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First start the Google Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The browser will open the settings screen. Another solution to display the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed on the screen below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box as shown below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The web browser will run the task of cleaning. When it’s done, the web-browser’s settings including newtab page, search provider by default and homepage back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC.
Remove YouTube Ad Remover adware from Firefox
If the Firefox browser is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings like newtab page, search engine by default and home page to their original settings. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
First, run the Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, press the Help button () as shown below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the YouTube Ad Remover adware. When, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove YouTube Ad Remover adware from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browser you revert back your web browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by YouTube Ad Remover .
First, run the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
When the task is done, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s search engine, homepage and new tab page to default state.
Automatic Removal of YouTube Ad Remover adware
If you are unsure how to remove YouTube Ad Remover easily, consider using automatic adware removal apps that listed below. It will identify the adware and delete it from your PC for free.
How to remove YouTube Ad Remover adware software with Zemana Anti Malware
Does Zemana AntiMalware uninstall YouTube Ad Remover adware? The adware software is often downloaded with malicious software which can force you to install an application such as spyware you don’t want. Therefore, recommend using the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM). It is a tool designed to scan and remove adware software and other malicious software from your PC for free.
- Visit the following page to download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM). Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana installation on your computer.
- Select installation language and press ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the setup is complete, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will open automatically. Else, if does not then double-click on the Zemana icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Free, let’s see How to use Zemana Free to remove YouTube Ad Remover from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana Free, you’ll see a window as on the image below, just click ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Free scans your PC.
- When Zemana has finished scanning, it will open the Scan Results. All detected threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Anti Malware may require a restart device in order to complete the YouTube Ad Remover removal process.
- If you want to completely remove adware software from your PC system, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, potentially unwanted applications and other items and click Delete.
- Restart your personal computer to complete the adware removal process.
Get rid of YouTube Ad Remover adware and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free portable program that scans your device for adware, potentially unwanted software and hijackers and helps remove them easily. Moreover, it will also help you delete any harmful web-browser extensions and add-ons.
- Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is done, launch the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” for scanning your PC system for the YouTube Ad Remover adware. Depending on your device, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the HitmanPro application is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- When the system scan is done, you can check all threats detected on your PC. Make sure to check mark the threats which are unsafe and then click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Remove YouTube Ad Remover adware with MalwareBytes
If you’re having issues with YouTube Ad Remover removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a tool that can help clean up your computer and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes Free. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After downloading is finished, close all windows on your PC. Further, open the file called MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti Malware on the personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, click “Get Started” button. Then MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will automatically start and you may see its main window as shown in the following example.
Next, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes AntiMalware program will scan through the whole personal computer for the YouTube Ad Remover adware. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the tool is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
After MalwareBytes Free has finished scanning, MalwareBytes will show a scan report. When you’re ready, press “Quarantine” button.
MalwareBytes will delete YouTube Ad Remover adware. Once that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Free to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software.
How to stay safe online
Run an ad blocking utility such as AdGuard will protect you from harmful ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam web sites. Additionally, ad-blocking apps will allow you to avoid annoying ads and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Download AdGuard from the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is done, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block YouTube Ad Remover redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and unwanted harmful web-pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your device for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove YouTube Ad Remover from your web browser, then ask for help here.