What is TravelBook
TravelBook is supposed to be a program that will help the user get quick access to travel-related information, but according to security experts, it acts as adware. Adware is a form of software that can cause issues for your computer. Adware can show annoying adverts on your computer screen so that your cannot block them, redirect your web-browser to scam websites, and it can cause malicious pages to pop up on your browser.
Even worse, adware has the ability to gather and transmit user data without your permission. Adware is able to track information about web pages visited, web-browser and system information, and your PC system IP address.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the instructions below as quickly as possible. The few simple steps will help you to uninstall TravelBook as well as get rid of unwanted advertisements from your browser. What is more, this guide will allow you uninstall other harmful software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers which can be installed onto PC along with adware software.
How does TravelBook get on your PC
Adware software commonly comes on computers with free software. In most cases, it comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their PC has been affected with PUPs and adware software. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your personal computer from adware and PUPs: do not install any suspicious software, read the user agreement and select only the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation mode, always try to find a review of freeware on the Internet. Be careful and attentive!
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted program (PUP), popups, pop up virus, popup advertisements|
|Removal||TravelBook removal guide|
How to remove TravelBook adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There present several free adware removal utilities. Also it is possible to delete TravelBook adware manually. But we recommend to combine all these solutions below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the tutorial. Certain of the steps below will require you to exit this website. So, please read the step-by-step guidance carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove TravelBook, execute the following steps:
- How to delete TravelBook adware without any software
- Automatic Removal of TravelBook adware software
- How to stay safe online
How to delete TravelBook adware without any software
In most cases, it’s possible to manually remove TravelBook . This solution does not involve the use of any tricks or removal utilities. You just need to restore the normal settings of the device and internet browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly get rid of TravelBook adware, as well as perform a full scan of your personal computer, we recommend that you use adware software removal utilities, which are listed below.
Delete newly added adware
First, go to Microsoft Windows Control Panel and remove dubious software, all programs you do not remember installing. It is important to pay the most attention to applications you installed just before TravelBook ads appeared on your web browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the World Wide Web.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all apps installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Remove TravelBook adware from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by an malware.
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove TravelBook from Google Chrome
Another method to remove TravelBook from Chrome is Reset Google Chrome settings. This will disable harmful plugins and reset Chrome settings to original state. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First run the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the addon signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The internet browser will open the settings screen. Another method to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed on the image below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will show the confirmation dialog box like below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The browser will run the procedure of cleaning. After it’s finished, the internet browser’s settings including default search engine, homepage and new tab page back to the values which have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Get rid of TravelBook from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings such as homepage, default search engine and new tab page to their original settings. Keep in mind that resetting your web-browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the TravelBook adware software. Once, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of TravelBook adware software
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely remove TravelBook adware. So, we advise to check your PC system for any remaining malicious components with free adware removal applications below.
Remove TravelBook with Zemana
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is a free tool that performs a scan of your device and displays if there are existing adware, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malicious software residing on your computer. If malicious software is found, Zemana AntiMalware can automatically remove it. Zemana Free does not conflict with other anti malware and antivirus programs installed on your PC system.
Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you setup Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) on your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, Zemana will automatically start and you can see its main screen similar to the one below.
Now click the “Scan” button . Zemana program will scan through the whole computer for the TravelBook adware. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Free utility is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
After the scan is done, a list of all items found is produced. Review the report and then click “Next” button. The Zemana Anti Malware will remove TravelBook and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine. After the task is complete, you may be prompted to restart the device.
Use HitmanPro to remove TravelBook adware software
HitmanPro is a portable application that requires no hard install to identify and get rid of TravelBook adware. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). HitmanPro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal utilities you have ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of MS Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal tool can be just as effective as the widely known antivirus programs.
- First, please go to the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is complete, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button . HitmanPro application will scan through the whole computer for the TravelBook adware. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- When the scan get completed, HitmanPro will open you the results. Review the scan results and then press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes to remove TravelBook adware
If you’re having problems with TravelBook adware removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a utility that can help clean up your computer and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- First, visit the following page, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When downloading is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Choose “Personal computer” option and press Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the TravelBook adware.
- When the checking is finished, MalwareBytes Free will open you the results. All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Quarantine”. When the clean up is done, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a step-by-step tutorial on how to remove browser hijackers, adware software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
How to stay safe online
If you want to remove unwanted ads, web browser redirects and popups, then install an ad blocking application such as AdGuard. It can block unwanted advertisements and pop ups, stop web-pages from tracking your online activities when using the MS Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer. So, if you like surf the Web, but you don’t like annoying advertisements and want to protect your device from malicious webpages, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- First, please go to the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the downloading process is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your device, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block TravelBook, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Now your computer should be free of the TravelBook adware. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted ads and annoying malicious web pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new malware, hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, malicious apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete TravelBook ads from your web browser, then ask for help here.