What is Get-positive.net?
Get-positive.net is a website which uses social engineering to mislead computer users into accepting push notifications via the browser. These push notifications promote ‘free’ online games, giveaway scams, suspicious web-browser addons, adult web-pages, and adware bundles.
Get-positive.net is a dubious site that shows ‘Show notifications’ prompt that attempts to get you to press the ‘Allow’ button to subscribe to its notifications. Once you click on the ‘Allow’ button, this web site starts sending notifications on the desktop. You will see the pop up adverts even when you are not using the web browser.
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||suspicious popup advertisements, adware, social engineering attack, PUPs|
|Removal||Get-positive.net removal guide|
How does your PC system get infected with Get-positive.net pop ups
Security specialists have determined that users are re-directed to Get-positive.net by adware or from misleading advertisements. Adware is something that created in order to display third-party advertisements to the user without asking permission. Adware takes control of browsers and redirects them to scam websites like Get-positive.net every time you surf the World Wide Web. Adware software can end up on your device in various methods. In most cases is when you install free programs and forget to uncheck the box for the optional software installation.
A large number of spyware, adware programs, web browser toolbars, hijackers, and PUPs are installed when installing freeware and peer-2-peer file sharing software. Therefore, when installing free software, you need to be careful not to accidentally install bundled software. It is important that you pay attention to the EULA (End User License Agreements) and select the Custom, Manual or Advanced install option as it will typically disclose what optional apps will also be installed.
Remove Get-positive.net notifications from browsers
If you’re in situation where you don’t want to see notifications from the Get-positive.net web-site. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your internet browser in Windows/Mac/Android. Find your web browser in the list below, follow guide to remove browser permissions to display browser notifications.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Get-positive.net URL and other suspicious URLs by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the right upper corner, find and tap the Google Chrome menu (three dots).
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the Get-positive.net URL and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the top right hand corner.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Get-positive.net), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right corner, click the Edge menu button (three dots).
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Get-positive.net domain.
- In the top right hand corner of the Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Find the Get-positive.net and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the domain.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top-left corner of the browser and select ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Check for Get-positive.net domain, other suspicious sites and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
How to remove Get-positive.net advertisements (removal instructions)
There are a simple manual tutorial below which will help you to remove Get-positive.net ads from your Windows PC. The most effective method to remove this adware is to perform the manual removal tutorial and then run Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free or Hitman Pro automatic tools (all are free). The manual solution will assist to weaken this adware software and these malware removal utilities will completely get rid of Get-positive.net pop ups and restore the Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer settings to default.
To remove Get-positive.net pop ups, use the following steps:
- Remove Get-positive.net notifications from browsers
- How to manually get rid of Get-positive.net
- Automatic Removal of Get-positive.net pop ups
- Stop Get-positive.net ads
How to manually get rid of Get-positive.net
In this section of the blog post, we have posted the steps that will help to delete Get-positive.net advertisements manually. Although compared to removal tools, this solution loses in time, but you don’t need to download anything on your device. It will be enough for you to follow the detailed tutorial with images. We tried to describe each step in detail, but if you realized that you might not be able to figure it out, or simply do not want to change the Windows and web-browser settings, then it’s better for you to use utilities from trusted developers, which are listed below.
Remove newly added potentially unwanted software
Check out the Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed programs. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of software by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious programs, they are the ones you need to remove.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all software installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete dubious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Delete Get-positive.net ads from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser settings such as default search engine, newtab page and startpage had been changed by adware software that causes multiple unwanted pop ups, then you may return your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware responsible for Get-positive.net ads, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings such as search provider, startpage and newtab to default state.
Remove Get-positive.net pop ups from Google Chrome
Like other modern internet browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby recover the web-browser’s settings like newtab, home page and search provider by default that have been replaced by the adware software that causes Get-positive.net advertisements in your browser.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown in the following example and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Remove Get-positive.net from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the Firefox internet browser is redirected to Get-positive.net and you want to restore the Firefox settings back to their original state, then you should follow the few simple steps below. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed in the following example.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox browser settings to their original state.
Automatic Removal of Get-positive.net pop ups
It’s not enough to remove Get-positive.net popup advertisements from your web-browser by following the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some the adware related files may remain on your PC system and they will recover the adware even after you remove it. For that reason we suggest to use free antimalware tool like Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free and Hitman Pro. Either of those programs should has the ability to detect and get rid of adware software that causes the annoying Get-positive.net ads.
How to remove Get-positive.net advertisements with Zemana
Zemana Free is one of the best in its class, it can scan for and get rid of a huge number of of various security threats, including adware, hijackers, spyware and trojans that masqueraded as legitimate system programs. Also Zemana AntiMalware includes another tool called FRST – is a helpful program for manual removal of files and parts of the Windows registry created by malicious software.
- Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the install file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) install on your computer.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is done, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will launch automatically. Else, if does not then double-click on the Zemana AntiMalware icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Free, let’s see How to use Zemana Free to delete Get-positive.net popup ads from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana Free, you’ll see a window as displayed in the following example, just press ‘Scan’ button . Zemana Anti Malware program will scan through the whole personal computer for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Free scans your computer.
- When Zemana is finished scanning your PC, a list of all threats detected is prepared. Once you’ve selected what you wish to delete from your computer click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Free may require a restart PC system in order to complete the Get-positive.net pop-up advertisements removal process.
- If you want to completely delete adware from your PC, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware software, potentially unwanted apps and other items and press Delete.
- Reboot your personal computer to complete the adware removal process.
Remove Get-positive.net pop ups from internet browsers with HitmanPro
If the Get-positive.net popup advertisements issue persists, run the Hitman Pro and check if your PC is hijacked by adware. The HitmanPro is a downloadable security utility that provides on-demand scanning and helps get rid of adware, PUPs, and other malware. It works with your existing antivirus.
- Download Hitman Pro by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is complete, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware software that causes Get-positive.net pop ups. While the HitmanPro utility is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- Once Hitman Pro completes the scan, the results are displayed in the scan report. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes to delete Get-positive.net advertisements
Delete Get-positive.net popup advertisements manually is difficult and often the adware is not fully removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the MalwareBytes Free which are fully clean your computer. Moreover, this free application will allow you to get rid of malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and browser hijackers that your PC system can be infected too.
- MalwareBytes AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is done, please close all programs and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that causes multiple unwanted popups. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete.
- After the scanning is done, MalwareBytes will show you the results.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press the “Quarantine” button. When that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Get-positive.net ads
Use an ad-blocker utility such as AdGuard will protect you from harmful ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam web sites. Additionally, ad-blocker apps will help you to avoid unwanted popup ads and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- First, please go to the link below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Get-positive.net, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
After completing the few simple steps outlined above, your computer should be clean from this adware and other malicious software. The Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge will no longer show annoying Get-positive.net web-page when you surf the Internet. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive Get-positive.net pop-up advertisements.