What is Asoursuls.com?
There are many scam web sites on the Internet and Asoursuls.com is one of them. It is a deceptive web site which tricks you and other unsuspecting users into accepting push notifications via the web-browser. Scammers use push notifications to bypass pop up blocker and therefore display a lot of unwanted adverts. These ads are used to promote questionable browser plugins, giveaway scams, fake software, and adult websites.
The Asoursuls.com web-site states that you need to subscribe to its notifications in order to access the content of the web-site, enable Flash Player, download a file, connect to the Internet, watch a video, and so on. If you click on the ‘Allow’ button, this web site starts sending push notifications on your screen. You will see the popup adverts even when you are not using the internet browser.
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||dubious pop-up ads, potentially unwanted programs, adware, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Asoursuls.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with Asoursuls.com pop ups
Cyber threat analysts have determined that users are re-directed to Asoursuls.com by adware or from suspicious advertisements. Adware’s basic purpose is to display ads. These ads are often displayed as sponsored links, unclosable windows or different offers and deals. Clicks on the ads produce a monetary payoff for the software producers. Adware software may work like Spyware, since it sends sensitive info such as searches and trends to advertisers.
Remove Asoursuls.com notifications from web-browsers
If you clicked Allow and the Asoursuls ads pops up on your desktop then you can turn off web notifications in your web browser (Windows/Mac/Android). Find your internet browser in the list below, follow step-by-step instructions to get rid of web browser permissions to display notifications.
How to remove Asoursuls.com advertisements (removal tutorial)
The following step-by-step tutorial will help you to get rid of Asoursuls.com pop-up ads from the IE, Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox. Moreover, the few simple steps below will help you to get rid of malware, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted apps and toolbars that your device may be infected. Please do the tutorial step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to exit your web browser or restart your computer.
To remove Asoursuls.com pop ups, execute the following steps:
- Remove Asoursuls.com notifications from web-browsers
- How to remove Asoursuls.com advertisements without any software
- Automatic Removal of Asoursuls.com ads
- Stop Asoursuls.com popups
How to remove Asoursuls.com advertisements without any software
Looking for a method to remove Asoursuls.com popups manually without downloading any tools? Then this section of the article is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of web browser and Microsoft Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free software listed below that can help you get rid of Asoursuls.com popup advertisements.
Remove suspicious applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the application that causes the appearance of annoying advertisements or web-browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Make sure you have closed all browsers and other applications. Next, remove any unwanted and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your PC system. Most likely, one of them is the adware that causes Asoursuls.com pop-ups. Select the suspicious program or the application that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown apps, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to delete this undesired program from your PC system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an unwanted program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Asoursuls.com pop up advertisements from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome will help you to get rid of Asoursuls.com ads from your browser as well as to recover browser settings hijacked by adware. All unwanted, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions will also be deleted from the internet browser. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, like below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Delete Asoursuls.com advertisements from Firefox
Resetting Firefox web-browser will reset all the settings to their default values and will remove Asoursuls.com pop up advertisements, malicious add-ons and extensions. It will save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Start the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Asoursuls.com adware. When, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Asoursuls.com popups from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer internet browser settings like search provider, home page and newtab page had been replaced by adware that causes multiple intrusive pop-ups, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button like below.
When the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s new tab page, search provider by default and start page to default state.
Automatic Removal of Asoursuls.com ads
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users may not completely remove adware which causes pop-ups. So, we suggest to scan your PC for any remaining harmful components with free adware removal software below.
Run Zemana AntiMalware to remove Asoursuls.com pop up advertisements
If you need a free tool that can easily remove Asoursuls.com pop-ups, then use Zemana Anti-Malware. This is a very handy program, which is primarily created to quickly detect and remove adware and malicious software infecting browsers and changing their settings.
Now you can install and run Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) to get rid of Asoursuls.com pop-up ads from your web-browser by following the steps below:
Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) setup file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your personal computer. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Run the installer after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to setup this tool on your device.
During installation you can change certain settings, but we suggest you do not make any changes to default settings.
When install is done, this malware removal utility will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window as shown in the following example.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware software that causes multiple annoying pop ups. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
When Zemana is done scanning your computer, Zemana AntiMalware will open a list of detected items. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will remove adware software that causes the annoying Asoursuls.com ads and move the selected threats to the Quarantine. Once the clean up is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer to make the change take effect.
Get rid of Asoursuls.com pop up ads from web-browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a free utility that can identify adware that causes Asoursuls.com popup ads in your browser. It’s not always easy to locate all the undesired software that your device might have picked up on the Net. Hitman Pro will detect the adware software, browser hijackers and other malware you need to remove.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download HitmanPro on your Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware software that causes Asoursuls.com pop-ups. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your personal computer. While the Hitman Pro is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- As the scanning ends, HitmanPro will prepare a list of unwanted programs and adware software. When you are ready, press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Remove Asoursuls.com advertisements with MalwareBytes
You can get rid of Asoursuls.com pop-ups automatically with a help of MalwareBytes. We recommend this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily get rid of hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted apps and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Free is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) on your Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button for scanning your PC system for the adware that causes the annoying Asoursuls.com pop ups. This process can take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, adware or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the scan is done, MalwareBytes Free will show a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- Make sure to check mark the items which are unsafe and then click the “Quarantine” button. When the cleaning procedure is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the device.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Asoursuls.com popups
Use an ad blocking tool such as AdGuard will protect you from malicious ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam web-pages. Additionally, ad blocker software will help you to avoid intrusive popup ads and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Please go to the following link to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Asoursuls.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
After completing the step-by-step instructions above, your computer should be clean from this adware software and other malware. The Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome and Firefox will no longer show unwanted Asoursuls.com webpage when you browse the Web. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Asoursuls.com pop-up advertisements.