According to security professionals, Theactualnewz.com is a malicious web-page which uses social engineering to force unsuspecting users into allowing push notifications from malicious (ad) push servers. It will show the message ‘Click Allow to’ (access the content of the web site, download a file, watch a video, connect to the Internet, enable Flash Player), asking you to subscribe to notifications.
Once enabled, the Theactualnewz.com push notifications will start popping up in the lower right corner of your desktop periodically and spam you with intrusive ads. The devs behind Theactualnewz.com use these push notifications to bypass popup blocker and therefore show a large amount of unwanted advertisements. These ads are used to promote questionable web browser extensions, fake prizes scams, fake downloads, and adult websites.
The best way to remove Theactualnewz.com notifications open the internet browser’s settings and follow the Theactualnewz.com removal instructions below. Once you remove notifications subscription, the Theactualnewz.com popups advertisements will no longer display on the screen.
|Name||Theactualnewz.com pop up|
|Type||browser notification spam ads, popup virus, pop ups, pop-up advertisements|
|Distribution||potentially unwanted applications, shady pop-up ads, adware, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Theactualnewz.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with Theactualnewz.com popups
Computer security researchers have determined that users are re-directed to Theactualnewz.com by adware software or from shady ads. Adware is an advertising malicious software. It is created just to present constant pop-ups and/or annoying advertising using intrusive and at times dangerous methods. Adware software can also include other types of malicious software. It can steal personal data from the PC and pass it on to third parties. Adware has also been the basis for hacking to gain access to the PC system.
Take a deep breath. Learn everything you should know about Theactualnewz.com pop ups removal, how to get rid of adware from your web browser and personal computer. Find the best free adware and malicious software removal tools here!
How to remove Theactualnewz.com advertisements from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Fortunately, it is not hard to get rid of adware that causes multiple annoying pop ups. In the following guide, we will provide two methods to clean your PC of this adware software. One is the manual removal way and the other is automatic removal way. You can select the method that best fits you. Please follow the removal steps below to get rid of Theactualnewz.com pop-ups right now!
To remove Theactualnewz.com pop ups, perform the steps below:
- Manual Theactualnewz.com pop-ups removal
- Removing the Theactualnewz.com, check the list of installed applications first
- Remove Theactualnewz.com notifications from web-browsers
- Get rid of Theactualnewz.com pop ups from Internet Explorer
- Remove Theactualnewz.com pop-ups from Google Chrome
- Remove Theactualnewz.com from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
- Automatic Removal of Theactualnewz.com advertisements
- How to block Theactualnewz.com
- To sum up
Manual Theactualnewz.com pop-ups removal
The step-by-step tutorial designed by our team will allow you manually get rid of Theactualnewz.com ads from your personal computer. If you are not good at computers, we advise that you use the free utilities listed below.
Removing the Theactualnewz.com, check the list of installed applications first
Some of PUPs, adware software and browser hijackers can be uninstalled using the Add/Remove programs tool which can be found in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re running any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to delete it through Add/Remove programs.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all apps installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Remove Theactualnewz.com notifications from web-browsers
If you’re getting spam notifications from the Theactualnewz.com or another undesired web site, you will have previously pressed the ‘Allow’ button. Below we’ll teach you how to turn them off.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Theactualnewz.com URL and other rogue notifications by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right hand corner of the browser window, tap on Google Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, find the Theactualnewz.com site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- Click the Menu button (three horizontal stripes) on the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- In the opened window, locate Theactualnewz.com, other suspicious sites, click the drop-down menu and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- Click the More button (it looks like three dots) in the right upper corner of the Edge.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Theactualnewz.com URL and each questionable URL.
- In the top-right corner of the Internet Explorer, click on the menu button (gear icon).
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Theactualnewz.com domain and other questionable sites under and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Theactualnewz.com site, other dubious sites and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Get rid of Theactualnewz.com pop ups from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web browser you revert back your web browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that causes Theactualnewz.com pop up ads.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware software that cause annoying Theactualnewz.com pop-up ads, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like startpage, newtab and search provider to default state.
Remove Theactualnewz.com pop-ups from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings can allow you solve some problems caused by adware software and get rid of Theactualnewz.com advertisements from browser. This will also disable malicious plugins as well as clear cookies and site data. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Theactualnewz.com from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox internet browser is re-directed to Theactualnewz.com and you want to recover the Mozilla Firefox settings back to their original state, then you should follow the guide below. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Mozilla Firefox web browser settings to their default state.
Automatic Removal of Theactualnewz.com advertisements
Using a malicious software removal utility to scan for and remove adware hiding on your personal computer is probably the simplest solution to delete the Theactualnewz.com ads. We recommends the Zemana Anti-Malware application for Windows PC systems. HitmanPro and MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) are other antimalware utilities for Microsoft Windows that offers a free malicious software removal.
Use Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to remove Theactualnewz.com pop ups
Zemana is a lightweight utility which developed to run alongside your antivirus software, detecting and deleting malware, adware and potentially unwanted programs that other programs miss. Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is easy to use, fast, does not use many resources and have great detection and removal rates.
Visit the following page to download Zemana. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the download is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Double-click the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Free on your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, Zemana Free will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed in the figure below.
Now click the “Scan” button for scanning your computer for the adware responsible for Theactualnewz.com pop ups. Depending on your PC, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
When the checking is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button. The Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will get rid of adware related to the Theactualnewz.com pop up advertisements and move the selected items to the Quarantine. When finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
Remove Theactualnewz.com pop up ads from web browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free portable program that scans your PC for adware software responsible for Theactualnewz.com pop-ups, PUPs and browser hijackers and allows get rid of them easily. Moreover, it will also help you remove any harmful web-browser extensions and add-ons.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is launched, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware which cause pop ups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the HitmanPro utility is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When Hitman Pro completes the scan, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the report and then click “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Run MalwareBytes Free to remove Theactualnewz.com ads
Manual Theactualnewz.com pop up ads removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not fully removed. We advise that use the MalwareBytes that are fully clean your computer of adware. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malicious software, potentially unwanted apps, hijackers and toolbars that your PC system can be infected too.
MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the downloading process is done, close all software and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the setup file called MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard which will help you set up MalwareBytes Free on your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, click “Get Started” button. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will automatically start and you can see its main screen such as the one below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that cause pop-ups. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
After MalwareBytes AntiMalware has completed scanning, the results are displayed in the scan report. Next, you need to press “Quarantine” button. The MalwareBytes will delete adware responsible for Theactualnewz.com advertisements and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware to get rid of adware, browser hijacker and other malware.
How to block Theactualnewz.com
It is also critical to protect your web browsers from malicious web-pages and ads by using an ad blocker program like AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as shown in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired ads, block Theactualnewz.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you have finished the step-by-step tutorial outlined above, your PC should be clean from this adware and other malicious software. The Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer will no longer display intrusive Theactualnewz.com web site when you browse the Net. Unfortunately, if the guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the undesired Theactualnewz.com advertisements.