Task Manager Tab is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the group of Browser hijackers. It modifies web-browser startpage, new tab URL and default search engine and can redirect the web browser to some unwanted web-pages. In order to detect potentially unwanted programs, remove Task Manager Tab from the Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, please follow the useful tutorial below.
Task Manager Tab will alter your web-browser’s search engine so that all searches are sent through /taskmanagertab[.]com that redirects to Yahoo Search engine which displays the search results for your query. The developers of this browser hijacker are using legitimate search provider as they may generate money from the advertisements which are displayed in the search results.
Task Manager Tab can not only change your homepage or search provider, but redirect your browser to unwanted web sites. What is more, it can analyze your browsing, and gain access to your personal data and, afterwards, can use it for marketing purposes. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to remove Task Manager Tab from your browser.
We strongly recommend you to complete the steps which follow below. We will show you how to remove hijacker and thus get rid of Task Manager Tab browser hijacker from your Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer forever.
How can Task Manager Tab get on your PC system
Many browser hijackers and PUPs such as Task Manager Tab are included in the free software installer. Most often, a user have a chance to disable all included “offers”, but some installers are created to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing an adware software or potentially unwanted applications. Anyway, easier to prevent the browser hijacker rather than clean up your machine after one. So, keep the web-browser updated (turn on automatic updates), use a good antivirus programs, double check a freeware before you run it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid malicious and unknown web-sites.
|Name||Task Manager Tab|
|Type||home page hijacker, PUP, search engine hijacker, redirect virus, browser hijacker|
|Affected Browser Settings||search engine, startpage, new tab page URL|
|Removal||Task Manager Tab removal guide|
How to remove Task Manager Tab from Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
The Task Manager Tab is a browser hijacker that you might have difficulty in removing it from your computer. Luckily, you’ve found the effective removal steps in this article. Both the manual removal method and the automatic removal method will be provided below and you can just choose the one that best for you. If you have any questions or need help then type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to shut down your browser or reboot your system.
To remove Task Manager Tab, execute the following steps:
- Get rid of Task Manager Tab browser hijacker without any utilities
- Automatic Removal of Task Manager Tab
- How to stop Task Manager Tab redirect
- To sum up
Get rid of Task Manager Tab browser hijacker without any utilities
The steps will help you delete Task Manager Tab hijacker. These Task Manager Tab removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of computer operating system.
Removing the Task Manager Tab, check the list of installed apps first
First, go to Windows Control Panel and remove questionable applications, all programs you don’t remember installing. It’s important to pay the most attention to apps you installed just before Task Manager Tab hijacker appeared on your web-browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the Internet.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will show the Windows Control Panel like below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any dubious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Delete Task Manager Tab hijacker from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web browser default search provider, new tab and homepage you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your system.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the following example. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.
Remove Task Manager Tab hijacker from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser application, including the redirect to Task Manager Tab web-site. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Task Manager Tab from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings can allow you solve some problems caused by hijacker infection and delete Task Manager Tab from start page, new tab page and search engine. This will also disable malicious extensions as well as clear cookies and site data. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
First start the Google Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the addon signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, press the option named “Settings”.
The web browser will show the settings screen. Another solution to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed on the image below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will display the confirmation prompt such as the one below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The web-browser will start the procedure of cleaning. Once it is done, the internet browser’s settings including search provider, homepage and newtab back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Automatic Removal of Task Manager Tab
If you are not expert at computers, then we recommend to use free removal utilities listed below to delete Task Manager Tab hijacker for good. The automatic method is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual solution. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Task Manager Tab removal is a better option.
Run Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) to delete Task Manager Tab browser hijacker
Download Zemana to remove Task Manager Tab automatically from all of your web-browsers. This is a free software specially created for malware removal. This utility can get rid of adware, browser hijacker from Microsoft Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome and Firefox and MS Windows registry automatically.
Installing the Zemana is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the downloading process is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti-Malware will try to update itself and when this task is finished, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Task Manager Tab hijacker.
This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will delete Task Manager Tab browser hijacker and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine.
Use Hitman Pro to get rid of Task Manager Tab browser hijacker
HitmanPro is a free portable application that scans your personal computer for adware, potentially unwanted programs and hijackers like Task Manager Tab and allows remove them easily. Moreover, it will also help you remove any malicious browser extensions and add-ons.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download HitmanPro on your personal computer from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is started, press “Next” button for scanning your PC system for the Task Manager Tab browser hijacker. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once the checking is finished, you’ll be shown the list of all found threats on your PC system. All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
How to remove Task Manager Tab with MalwareBytes Free
We advise using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). You can download and install MalwareBytes Anti Malware to look for and remove Task Manager Tab browser hijacker from your machine. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically searches for and removes all threats exist on the machine.
- Download MalwareBytes on your Microsoft Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the Task Manager Tab browser hijacker. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your system and the speed of your PC system. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- After finished, you may check all threats found on your PC system.
- Make sure to check mark the items which are unsafe and then click the “Quarantine” button. After finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop Task Manager Tab redirect
Use an adblocker tool such as AdGuard will protect you from malicious advertisements and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam web sites. Additionally, ad blocker apps will help you to avoid intrusive pop up advertisements and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Task Manager Tab, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the Task Manager Tab browser hijacker. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popups and undesired harmful web pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your PC system for new browser hijacker infections and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Task Manager Tab browser hijacker from the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge, then ask for help here here.