GlobalDeskSearch is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) that belongs to the category of Adware. Adware – What Is It? Adware is a form of malicious software. When adware software gets inside your machine, it might carry out various harmful tasks. Some of the more common acts on MACs include: adware can present various pop up deals and/or annoying commercials;adware can reroute your web-browser to unsafe web-pages; adware software can slow down your machine; adware software can modify web-browser settings.
Does adware steal your privacy information? The GlobalDeskSearch adware can collect personal info about you to get profit. Adware can analyze your browsing, and gain access to your user info and, subsequently, can transfer it to third parties. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to get rid of adware from your computer.
|Name||GlobalDeskSearch, Global Desk Search 1.0 app|
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop-up virus, pop ups, popup advertisements|
|Removal||GlobalDeskSearch removal guide|
How does the GlobalDeskSearch adware get on your MAC OS
Most often, the free software installer includes additional programs like this adware software. So, be very careful when you agree to install anything. The best way – is to choose a Custom, Advanced or Manual installation method. Here reject all third-party programs in which you are unsure or that causes even a slightest suspicion. The main thing you should remember, you do not need to install any bundled software which you don’t trust!
So, if you happen to encounter intrusive GlobalDeskSearch adware, then be quick and take effort to remove GlobalDeskSearch adware software immediately. Follow the few simple steps below to remove GlobalDeskSearch . Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
How to Remove GlobalDeskSearch adware (removal steps)
There are a few solutions which can be used to remove GlobalDeskSearch. But, not all PUPs like this adware software can be completely deleted utilizing only manual ways. Most commonly you’re not able to uninstall any adware software utilizing standard Mac OS options. In order to delete GlobalDeskSearch adware software you need complete a few manual steps and use reliable removal tools. Most IT security researchers states that MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) utility is a right choice. The free application is able to detect and delete GlobalDeskSearch adware from your PC and revert back your web browser settings to defaults.
To remove GlobalDeskSearch, execute the steps below:
- Manual GlobalDeskSearch adware removal
- Automatic Removal of GlobalDeskSearch adware
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
Manual GlobalDeskSearch adware removal
First of all, try to remove GlobalDeskSearch adware software manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual removal of adware requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in computer settings. In this case, we suggest that you scroll down to the section that describes how to get rid of GlobalDeskSearch adware software using free tools.
Uninstall adware through the Finder
The best way to start the MAC system cleanup is to delete unknown and dubious programs. Using the Finder you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded apps can clean up the Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox from pop ups, hijackers and so on.
- Open the Finder.
- Click “Applications”.
- It will display a list of all apps installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown apps. Pay maximum attention to the program you installed last.
- Drag the dubious program from the Applications folder to the Trash.
- Empty Trash.
Remove GlobalDeskSearch from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If Firefox settings are hijacked by the GlobalDeskSearch adware software, your browser shows unwanted pop up advertisements, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. It’ll keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the GlobalDeskSearch adware. Once, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove GlobalDeskSearch from Safari
If you find that Safari browser settings like home page, new tab and search engine having been replaced by GlobalDeskSearch , then you may revert back your settings, via the reset internet browser procedure.
Run Safari web browser. Next, choose Preferences from the Safari menu.
First, click the “Security” tab. Here, select “Block pop-up windows”. It will block some types of pop ups.
Now, click the “Extensions” tab. Look for dubious addons on left panel, choose it, then press the “Uninstall” button. Most important to get rid of all dubious extensions from Safari.
Once complete, check your homepage and search provider settings. Click “General” tab. Make sure that the “Homepage” field contains the website you want or is empty.
Make sure that the “Search engine” setting shows your preferred search engine. In some versions of Safari, this setting is in the “Search” tab.
Remove GlobalDeskSearch from Google Chrome
Another way to delete GlobalDeskSearch ads from Google Chrome is Reset Chrome settings. This will disable harmful extensions and reset Google Chrome settings to original settings. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
- First start the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your web-browser’s new tab page, search engine and homepage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of GlobalDeskSearch adware
Is your Apple Mac computer hijacked with adware software? Then don’t worry, in the steps listed below, we are sharing best malware removal utilities which is able to remove GlobalDeskSearch ads from the Google Chrome, Safari and Mozilla Firefox and your Apple Mac.
Automatically delete GlobalDeskSearch adware with MalwareBytes
Get rid of GlobalDeskSearch manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes which are completely clean your Apple Mac. Moreover, this free program will allow you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and hijacker that your MAC OS can be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) on your machine from the following link.
Malwarebytes Anti-malware (Mac)
Category: Security tools
Update: July 10, 2018
- When the download is complete, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Run the downloaded file and follow the prompts.
- Click the “Scan” button for checking your machine for the GlobalDeskSearch adware software. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your MAC. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When MalwareBytes Free is finished scanning your MAC, it will open the Scan Results. You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Remove Selected Items”.
How to stay safe online
It is also critical to protect your internet browsers from malicious webpages and ads by using an ad blocking program such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Mac.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: January 17, 2018
After the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen. Follow the prompts.
Each time, when you start your MAC system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted popup ads, block harmful or misleading web sites.
After completing the step-by-step guidance above, your MAC OS should be clean from the GlobalDeskSearch adware software and other malware. The Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari will no longer display the GlobalDeskSearch ads. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.