Q. I keep getting Xtron Optimizer Pro pop-ups in Google Chrome. I uninstalled all of the programs that I’d downloaded, but the popup advertisements keep appearing; it must be adware software, how do i get rid of it? How do i block these pop-up ads from appearing? Just wanna know if someone has any solutions.
A. If you see constant popup ads that appear on your internet browser and redirects you to web-sites you did not intend to visit then it may be because of the programs which you’ve recently installed that contains adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software).
What is Adware ‘virus’? Adware is something that you should be aware of even if you run Google Chrome or other modern internet browser. This is the name given to software that have been created to display intrusive advertisements and pop up deals onto your web browser screen. The reason for adware’s existence is to earn money for its creator.
Even worse, adware software can be used to gather and transmit user information without your permission. Adware software be able to track information about web-sites visited, web-browser and system information, and your personal computer IP address.
|Name||Xtron Optimizer Pro|
|Type||adware software, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop-ups, popup virus, pop up ads|
|Removal||Xtron Optimizer Pro removal guide|
In this article we will discuss how can you get rid of Xtron Optimizer Pro pop-up from the Firefox, Edge, IE and Google Chrome manually or with free adware removal utilities compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 (8, 7 and XP).
How to Remove Xtron Optimizer Pro pop ups (Removal guide)
We can help you get rid of Xtron Optimizer Pro from your web-browsers, without the need to take your PC system to a professional. Simply follow the removal steps below if you currently have the unwanted adware on your PC system and want to remove it. If you’ve any difficulty while trying to remove the adware software that causes undesired Xtron Optimizer Pro popups, feel free to ask for our help in the comment section below. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to shut down your internet browser or restart your PC.
To remove Xtron Optimizer Pro pop-ups, follow the steps below:
- How to manually remove Xtron Optimizer Pro
- How to remove Xtron Optimizer Pro popup with free applications
- Stop Xtron Optimizer Pro popup
- To sum up
How to manually remove Xtron Optimizer Pro
Read this “How to remove” section to know how to manually get rid of adware that causes Xtron Optimizer Pro popup. Even if the step-by-step tutorial does not work for you, there are several free malware removers below that can easily handle such adware related to the Xtron Optimizer Pro pop up.
Delete newly added adware
We suggest that you start the PC system cleaning process by checking the list of installed applications and uninstall all unknown or dubious apps. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful applications such as adware and hijackers may be bundled with free software. Uninstall the unwanted programs can remove the annoying advertisements or web-browser redirect.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the screen below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right like below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and get rid of all dubious and unknown programs. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. Once you have found anything dubious that may be the adware which causes annoying Xtron Optimizer Pro popups or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then select this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely get rid of it from your personal computer.
Get rid of Xtron Optimizer Pro popups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer web-browser settings like startpage, newtab page and search provider by default had been replaced by adware software which cause annoying Xtron Optimizer Pro popup, then you may return your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed in the following example.
Once the task is done, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s new tab, startpage and default search provider to default state.
Remove Xtron Optimizer Pro popup from Chrome
If you have adware software, Xtron Optimizer Pro popups problems or Google Chrome is running slow, then reset Google Chrome can help you. In this tutorial we’ll show you the method to reset your Google Chrome settings and data to default state without reinstall.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as displayed on the image below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Remove Xtron Optimizer Pro from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
This step will allow you remove Xtron Optimizer Pro pop-ups, third-party toolbars, disable harmful add-ons and return your default start page, new tab and search engine settings.
First, run the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Xtron Optimizer Pro adware. Once, it’s complete, press the “Finish” button.
How to remove Xtron Optimizer Pro popup with free applications
Using a malware removal utility to find and get rid of adware hiding on your system is probably the simplest solution to delete the Xtron Optimizer Pro popups. We suggests the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) program for MS Windows PC systems. HitmanPro and MalwareBytes are other anti-malware utilities for Windows that offers a free malware removal.
Remove Xtron Optimizer Pro pop ups with Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana Free is a complete package of anti-malware utilities. Despite so many features, it does not reduce the performance of your PC system. Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) has the ability to remove almost all the types of adware including Xtron Optimizer Pro pop-up, hijacker infections, potentially unwanted programs and harmful internet browser add-ons. Zemana Free has real-time protection that can defeat most malware. You can run Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) with any other antivirus software without any conflicts.
- Installing the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Free on your computer by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the setup file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti Malware install on your PC system.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply press the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is done, Zemana Free will open automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana, let’s see How to use Zemana to get rid of Xtron Optimizer Pro pop up from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana AntiMalware, you will see a window as shown in the figure below, just press ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware software.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Anti-Malware scans your PC.
- Once Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) has completed scanning, you can check all threats detected on your PC system. Make sure to check mark the threats which are unsafe and then press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Free may require a restart computer in order to complete the Xtron Optimizer Pro pop ups removal process.
- If you want to permanently delete adware from your system, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware, potentially unwanted applications and other threats and press Delete.
- Restart your PC system to complete the adware removal process.
Run HitmanPro to delete Xtron Optimizer Pro popups
Hitman Pro is a portable program that requires no hard installation to find and delete adware related to the Xtron Optimizer Pro popups. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). Hitman Pro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malicious software removal tools you’ve ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of MS Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal tool can be just as effective as the widely known antivirus programs.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of HitmanPro for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan for the adware software that causes Xtron Optimizer Pro popup. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your machine and the speed of your computer. While the HitmanPro utility is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- After Hitman Pro has completed scanning your PC system, a list of all items detected is created. When you are ready, click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes AntiMalware to delete Xtron Optimizer Pro pop ups
Trying to get rid of Xtron Optimizer Pro pop-ups can become a battle of wills between the adware infection and you. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) can be a powerful ally, removing most of today’s adware, malicious software and PUPs with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes Anti Malware will help you win.
Installing the MalwareBytes Free is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is complete, close all software and windows on your system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup as displayed on the image below.
When the install begins, you’ll see the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Malwarebytes on your PC.
Once installation is complete, you will see window like below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware which cause pop ups. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
When the scan get completed, it will open the Scan Results. All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now remove adware software which cause undesired Xtron Optimizer Pro popups. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
The following video explains steps on how to remove browser hijacker infection, adware software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
Stop Xtron Optimizer Pro popup
It is important to run adblocker apps such as AdGuard to protect your computer from malicious websites. Most security experts says that it’s okay to block ads. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop Xtron Optimizer Pro and other unwanted web-sites.
- Visit the page linked below to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the downloading process is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is done, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Xtron Optimizer Pro, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the steps shown above, your machine should be clean from adware related to the Xtron Optimizer Pro popup and other malicious software. The Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox will no longer redirect you to various annoying web pages similar to Xtron Optimizer Pro. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.