Did you receive an e-mail with the subject: “High danger. Your account was attacked.“? Since you are reading this article, then probably Yes. No worries, you can ignore this fraudilient message!
The “High danger. Your account was attacked.” e-mail is nothing more than a phishing scam. Thousands of people around the world have received this email spam, so you are one of many. In this fraudulent message the someone claims to have hacked your computer or other device and will release a video ostensibly taken via your web-camera, if you don’t pay a $775 ransom through bitcoin (BTC wallet:
There are variations in the wording of the e-mail body, but all of these fraudilient messages are basically the same. The scammers constantly switch up the body of the email scam in order to bypass spam filters. The original “High danger. Your account was attacked.” email scam is:
Subject: High danger. Your account was attacked. Hi! As you may have noticed, I sent you an email from your account. This means that I have full access to your acc: On moment of crack your@email password: *** You say: this is my, but old password! Or: I will change my password at any time! Of course! You will be right, but the fact is that when you change the password, my malicious code every time saved a new one! I've been watching you for a few months now. But the fact is that you were infected with malware through an adult site that you visited. If you are not familiar with this, I will explain. Trojan Virus gives me full access and control over a computer or other device. This means that I can see everything on your screen, turn on the camera and microphone, but you do not know about it. I also have access to all your contacts and all your correspondence from e-mail and messangers. Why your antivirus did not detect my malware? Answer: My malware uses the driver, I update its signatures every 4 hours so that your antivirus is silent. I made a video showing how you satisfy yourself in the left half of the screen, and in the right half you see the video that you watched. With one click of the mouse, I can send this video to all your emails and contacts on social networks. I can also post access to all your e-mail correspondence and messengers that you use. If you want to prevent this, transfer the amount of $775 to my bitcoin address (if you do not know how to do this, write to Google: "Buy Bitcoin"). My bitcoin address (BTC Wallet) is: 1KeCBKUgQDyyMpaXhfpRi2qUvyrjcsT44o After receiving the payment, I will delete the video and you will never hear me again. I give you 48 hours to pay. I have a notice reading this letter, and the timer will work when you see this letter. Filing a complaint somewhere does not make sense because this email cannot be tracked like my bitcoin address. I do not make any mistakes. If I find that you have shared this message with someone else, the video will be immediately distributed. Bye!
This email spam appears to be sent from your own email address, giving the perception of being legitimate. Spammers use your email address to commit your computer (or other device) is hacked. But do not be fooled! Email spoofing has been around for a long time! Scammers use it in phishing attacks to force users into thinking they have received mail message from a friend or trusted person.
What to do when you receive “High danger. Your account was attacked.” email scam
Relax, Here are some easy steps which you need to follow after receiving these emails.
- Do not panic.
- Do not pay the ransom.
- Do not respond to the email spam.
- Mark the email as SPAM (junk mail)
- Stop using the password that the scammer used in the email scam and change it. Make sure that you do not repeat passwords.
- Avoid clicking on any links or attachments in emails, otherwise you could unwittingly install malware or ransomware on your computer.
- Report the email scam to the FBI.
- Scan your computer for malware.
- Install an anti-phishing software.
- If you receive an email that is similar but not the same as the example above, make sure you remove any personal info in this message, then post it as comment on this article. It will help our team monitor the latest scams.
Scan your computer for malware
The easiest solution to scan your computer for malware is to use a malware removal tool capable of detecting malicious sofware. We suggest try Zemana Anti-malware, MalwareBytes, HitmanPro or other malware remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to malware, adware, browser hijacker infections and other PUPs.
Zemana is free full featured malicious software removal tool. It can check your files and Windows registry in real-time. Zemana can help to detect and delete potentially unwanted apps, malicious software and adware. It uses 1% of your PC resources. This tool has got simple and beautiful interface and at the same time effective protection for your system.
- Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, run a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will open and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for malware. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- When Zemana Anti Malware has finished scanning your personal computer, Zemana AntiMalware will show a list of all threats detected by the scan.
- Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Next” button. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
How to protect yourself from phishing web-sites
It’s also critical to protect yourself from phishing web-sites, harmful web pages and misleading advertisements by using an ad blocking application such as the AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard may also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the download is done, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as shown on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up ads, websites such as Www.ru, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
New malicious wallet
“My bitcoin address (BTC Wallet) is: 15G9wyGRDssFXsfwEm1ihdJs2xabVPDu68”
New malicious wallet
“My bitcoin address (BTC Wallet) is: 1KeCBKUgQDyyMpaXhfpRi2qUvyrjcsT44o“
New Bitcoin Address: 1GF8J1XRaiX2oHM7SQo9VAFAtWZcRgMncg
My bitcoin address (BTC Wallet) is: 1GoWy5yMzh3XXBiYxLU9tKCBMgibpznGio
New malicious wallet
My BTC wallet: 1H1K8MfLEJgjCCfDEkTJmv9GJjD3XzEFGR
New malicious wallet 1EVe67RXBA28s14cnnsVv1WkxhtoXMjCTy
New Bitcoin Address: 1K1KMHpynJHQRbhzKHyik6yaJuQYxSaZCm
My bitcoin address (BTC Wallet) is: 15pY2U8WBZBJRVxGhh8WRXsdkXQbMKD8k9
Ok, but how the sender knowed my old password?
Is a not important e-mail, neither not a complex password, but is not comum i to click in links unknowed.
Was in my message:
My bitcoin address (BTC Wallet) is: 16m1NLzSaxvgnnM4xZ2Eav1wyE6DbzGdgX