What is PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus? If you’re reading this post, it means that your antivirus software detects the PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus threat. It indicates that your PC system is infected with a potentially unwanted program (PUP), which is often installs on the personal computer with the free applications. You probably want to know how to get rid of any security threats as well as remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus. In the steps below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
If you still are not sure that your computer is affected with potentially unwanted software, then check your system for the common symptoms of this infection:
- your web-browser displays ads where previously you have never seen;
- Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome shows a large amount of annoying advertisements;
- browser settings like start page and search engine are hijacked;
- your antivirus software detects an infection;
- Internet connection may be slow.
It is not a good idea to use a computer that infected with the PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. This potentially unwanted program can collect a wide variety of your confidential info which may be later sold to third party companies. You don’t know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe.
We suggest you to clean your PC system of this potentially unwanted program immediately. Use the steps below which will allow to remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus and adware, which can be installed onto your PC along with it.
Remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus (Removal guide)
The answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will help you easily to remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus. Moreover, you can combine manual or automatic removal methods. If you are familiar with the PC then use manual removal, otherwise run the free anti malware tool developed specifically to remove malware and potentially unwanted software such as the PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or reboot your personal computer.
To remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus, complete the steps below:
- Uninstall PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus related programs through the Control Panel of your machine
- Delete PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus with Zemana Free
- Remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus with HitmanPro
- Automatically remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
- Remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus from Firefox
- Remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus from IE
- Remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus from Google Chrome
- Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
- Finish words
Uninstall PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus related programs through the Control Panel of your machine
The best way to begin the personal computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious software. Using the MS Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up the IE, Google Chrome, Edge and Firefox from advertisements hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all software installed on the machine.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete questionable and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Delete PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus with Zemana Free
Zemana is an amazing tool to delete PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus from your PC system. It also deletes ransomware, trojans, malicious software and ad supported software from your personal computer. It improves your system’s performance by deleting PUPs.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your machine. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as shown in the figure below.
When the installation starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you set up Zemana Anti Malware on your PC system.
Once setup is finished, you will see window as shown on the screen below.
Now click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) tool will start scanning the whole computer to find out the PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus and other kinds of potential threats such as malware and adware. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
When Zemana Free completes the scan, a list of all threats found is prepared. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will remove the PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus and other potentially unwanted programs and move threats to the program’s quarantine.
Remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus with HitmanPro
If Zemana cannot delete this PUP, then we advises to use the Hitman Pro. The HitmanPro is a free powerful, professional removal utility for malware, adware, potentially unwanted apps, toolbars as well as PUP and other malicious software and potentially unwanted apps. It completely removes all traces and remnants of the infection.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When downloading is complete, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” to perform a system scan for the PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus related files, folders and registry keys. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the HitmanPro tool is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- After the scanning is done, Hitman Pro will show a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. In order to delete all threats, simply click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Automatically remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
You can remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus automatically through the use of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). We suggest this free malicious software removal utility because it may easily remove potentially unwanted programs, adware, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Installing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware on your Microsoft Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After downloading is done, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan Now” button to start checking your computer for the PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus related files, folders and registry keys. This task may take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware utility is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- Once that process is complete, the results are displayed in the scan report. Next, you need to click “Quarantine Selected”. After finished, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove hijacker infections, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM).
Remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus from Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will remove modified preferences, extensions and security settings. It’ll save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Start the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus. After, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus from IE
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked by PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus or you have unwanted extensions or toolbars on your internet browser, which installed by a malware.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
Remove PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by malware and get rid of unwanted changes caused by PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus. This will also disable malicious plugins as well as clear cookies and site data. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, like below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot block all those annoying and malicious pages using only built-in MS Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block undesired web-browser redirects, ads and pop ups in any modern web-browsers including Chrome, MS Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox. It is called Adguard and it works very well.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is complete, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and block unwanted pop-up advertisements, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
After completing the step-by-step instructions outlined above, your machine should be clean from PUP.Optional.DriverUpdatePlus and other unwanted software. Your antivirus will no longer detect any security threats. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new malicious software, and then the best way – ask for help here.