Every time, when you open your browser the Mysecuresearch.net web page that you don’t remember installing as homepage or search engine keeps annoying you? Mysecuresearch.net is categorized as web browser hijacker (sometimes called hijackware). It can end up on your PC in various ways. In many cases is when you download and install another free program and forget to uncheck the box for the optional programs installation. Don’t panic because we have got the solution. Here’s a guidance on how to remove intrusive Mysecuresearch.net redirect from any web browsers, including the FF, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge.
Besides the fact that Mysecuresearch.net hijacker replaces your home page, this intrusive page may set yourself as your search provider. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of lots of advertisements, links to unwanted and ad pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search providers. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the World Wide Web, is an unpleasant moment. Moreover, the Mysecuresearch.net browser hijacker infection be able to collect personal info about you. This personal data, in the future, may be sold to third parties. What creates the risk of theft of confidential data.
As well as unwanted internet browser redirects to Mysecuresearch.net, the hijacker can gather your Net surfing activity by recording URLs visited, IP addresses, browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and web sites visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or user data theft. This is another reason why the hijacker that reroutes the internet browser to Mysecuresearch.net, is classified as PUP (potentially unwanted program).
The Mysecuresearch.net browser hijacker can alter current settings of all your typical web-browsers, but often that the unwanted software can also infect all types of internet browsers by modifying their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user to see Mysecuresearch.net unwanted web-site every time run the web-browser.
We advise you to clean your system of browser hijacker as quickly as possible. Use the steps below that will allow to delete Mysecuresearch.net home page and unwanted programs, that can be installed onto your personal computer along with it.
Remove Mysecuresearch.net from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
Most often hijackers requires more than a simple uninstall through the use of Windows Control panel in order to be fully deleted. For that reason, our team made several removal methods that we’ve summarized in a detailed tutorial. Therefore, if you have the unwanted Mysecuresearch.net hijacker on your computer and are currently trying to have it uninstalled then feel free to follow the few simple steps below in order to resolve your problem. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your internet browser or restart your personal computer.
To remove Mysecuresearch.net, use the following steps:
- How to manually remove Mysecuresearch.net
- Delete potentially unwanted programs using MS Windows Control Panel
- Remove Mysecuresearch.net startpage from Internet Explorer
- Remove Mysecuresearch.net from Firefox by resetting browser settings
- Remove Mysecuresearch.net startpage from Google Chrome
- Fix infected web browsers shortcuts to remove Mysecuresearch.net home page
- Use free malware removal tools to completely remove Mysecuresearch.net start page
- Run AdBlocker to block Mysecuresearch.net and stay safe online
- How did Mysecuresearch.net hijacker infection get on your PC system
- To sum up
How to manually remove Mysecuresearch.net
Read this section to know how to manually get rid of the Mysecuresearch.net browser hijacker infection. Even if the guide does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below that can easily handle such hijackers.
Delete potentially unwanted programs using MS Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted programs, adware and browser hijacker infection can be removed using the Add/Remove programs utility that is located in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you are running any version of MS Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to delete it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the image below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the figure below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and get rid of all applications that has the name similar to “Mysecuresearch.net”. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. When you have found anything suspicious that may be the hijacker infection, ad supported software or PUPs, then select this application and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your PC system.
Remove Mysecuresearch.net startpage from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by a malicious software.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed on the image below.
Once the procedure is complete, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s newtab page, home page and search engine by default to default state.
Remove Mysecuresearch.net from Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Firefox browser application is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings like startpage, new tab and search provider by default to its default state. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Firefox web-browser settings to its original state.
Remove Mysecuresearch.net startpage from Google Chrome
Use the Reset web-browser utility of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings like new tab, home page and search engine by default to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of browser hijacks such as Mysecuresearch.net.
- First launch the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your browser’s newtab page, homepage and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Fix infected web browsers shortcuts to remove Mysecuresearch.net home page
When the hijacker is started, it can also alter the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will display an undesired web-page.
Open the properties of the web browser shortcut. Right click on the shortcut of infected internet browser and choose the “Properties” option and it will display the properties of the shortcut. Next, select the “Shortcut” tab and have a look at the Target field as displayed on the image below.
Normally, if the last word in the Target field is chrome.exe, iexplore.exe, firefox.exe. Be sure to pay attention to the extension, should be “exe”! All shortcuts which have been modified by browser hijacker like Mysecuresearch.net usually point to .bat, .cmd or .url files instead of .exe as shown in the following example
Another variant, an address has been added at the end of the line. In this case the Target field looks such as …Application\chrome.exe” http://site.address as shown on the screen below.
In order to fix a shortcut, you need to insert right path to the Target field or remove an address (if it has been added at the end). You can use the following information to fix your shortcuts that have been changed by hijacker.
|Google Chrome||C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe|
|Mozilla Firefox||C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe|
|Internet Explorer||C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|Opera||C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe|
Once is complete, click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all browsers that are rerouted to the Mysecuresearch.net annoying web-page.
Use free malware removal tools to completely remove Mysecuresearch.net start page
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely delete browser hijacker from the infected personal computer. So, we suggest to check your system for any remaining malicious components with free hijacker removal applications below.
Use Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) to get rid of Mysecuresearch.net start page
We advise you to run the Zemana Free which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the utility will help you to remove PUPs, malware, toolbars and ‘ad supported’ software that your computer can be infected too.
- Download Zemana by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When downloading is done, close all programs and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, click the “Scan” button .Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) application will scan through the whole system for the browser hijacker that alters web browser settings to replace your home page, new tab page and search provider by default with Mysecuresearch.net site. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malicious software, ad-supported software or potentially unwanted software are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- When the scan get completed, you’ll be opened the list of all found threats on your PC system. Review the scan results and then press “Next”. When finished, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
Remove Mysecuresearch.net home page with Malwarebytes
Manual Mysecuresearch.net search removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker infection can be not completely removed. We recommend that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system of browser hijacker infection. Moreover, the free program will allow you to delete malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, adware and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the downloading process is done, close all software and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup as on the image below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you set up Malwarebytes on your system.
Once install is finished, you’ll see window as displayed on the screen below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the browser hijacker that made to redirect your internet browser to the Mysecuresearch.net web site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan MalwareBytes AntiMalware will detect all threats present on your personal computer.
When MalwareBytes AntiMalware has finished scanning, the results are displayed in the scan report. You may move items to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now delete browser hijacker which reroutes your web-browser to unwanted Mysecuresearch.net web site. When the clean-up is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC.
The following video explains step by step guidance on how to get rid of hijacker infection, ‘ad supported’ software and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
Get rid of Mysecuresearch.net browser hijacker and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility that may be downloaded and use to delete hijackers, adware, malware, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and other threats from your system. You can run this tool to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: October 9, 2020
- Once the download is finished, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is launched, click “Scan” button to begin checking your computer for the browser hijacker which redirects your web browser to unwanted Mysecuresearch.net site. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your PC. While the tool is checking, you can see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- After AdwCleaner has finished scanning, you’ll be displayed the list of all detected threats on your system. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Run AdBlocker to block Mysecuresearch.net and stay safe online
Run ad blocker program like AdGuard in order to block advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your PC system performance and impact your PC security. Browse the World Wide Web anonymously and stay safe online!
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the downloading process is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop advertisements, pages such Mysecuresearch.net, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How did Mysecuresearch.net hijacker infection get on your PC system
To sum up
After completing the step-by-step tutorial shown above, your PC should be free from hijacker which cause a reroute to Mysecuresearch.net web page and other malware. The Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge will no longer open annoying Mysecuresearch.net start page on startup. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.