TSearch is an adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software). It makes changes to the computer settings and configures itself so as to start automatically each time the machine is turned on. Immediately after startup, the adware begins to monitor the user’s actions and insert ads directly into the open windows of the FF, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge. So, if you notice that your internet browser has become open a large number of undesired pop up advertisements, then you do not need to wait , you need to perform the steps below and remove TSearch as quickly as possible.
The TSearch adware is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is made with the sole purpose to show dozens of popups, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open internet browser window. So, the TSearch is just one of the many programs of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the internet browser’s constant stream of ads, or redirect the web-browser to not expected and intrusive advertising web sites. Moreover, the ‘ad supported’ software can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit harmful web-pages. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web-sites, so the creators of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the adware receive income. It’s the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, some adware to also change all browsers shortcuts that located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to redirect your web-browser to unwanted ad web pages, certain of which might be malicious. It can make the whole machine more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
Table of contents
- What is TSearch
- Remove TSearch
- How to manually remove TSearch
- TSearch adware automatic removal
- Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
- How does your computer get infected with TSearch
- To sum up
The tutorial below explaining steps to remove TSearch adware problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the ad supported software that may attack FF, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge and other popular web-browsers. The steps will help you remove ‘ad supported’ software and thereby clean your web browser from all annoying advertisements.
There are several steps to deleting the TSearch ad supported software which cause intrusive popups to appear, because it installs itself so deeply into MS Windows. You need to uninstall all suspicious and unknown software, then remove malicious extensions from the Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer and other browsers you have installed. Finally, you need to reset your web-browser settings to remove any changes the ad-supported software has made, and then check your PC system with Zemana Anti-malware, Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner to ensure the ‘ad supported’ software is fully removed. It will take a while.
How to manually remove TSearch
If you perform exactly the step by step guide below you should be able to remove the TSearch adware from your computer and the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, IE and Edge browsers.
Uninstall TSearch associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, ad supported software and browser hijacker infections can be removed using the Add/Remove programs tool which is located in the MS Windows Control Panel. So, if you are running any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to get rid of it through Add/Remove programs.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all software installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown software.
Fix infected web browsers shortcuts
Once installed, this ad-supported software may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will open an intrusive ad page.
To clear the web browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text similar “http://site.address” that has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove TSearch ad supported software from Google Chrome
Run the Reset internet browser tool of the Chrome to reset all its settings like start page, newtab page and search engine by default to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of internet browser redirects to intrusive ad web-pages.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your internet browser’s homepage, newtab page and default search engine will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete TSearch from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser settings like newtab page, home page and search provider by default having been modified by TSearch ad supported software that causes multiple unwanted ads and popups, then you may return your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
Remove TSearch from Firefox
If the FF settings like homepage, newtab and default search engine have been changed by the ad-supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as on the image below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox browser settings to its original state.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ad supported software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you launch your system, it will show an intrusive web site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all malicious tasks which have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This displays a dialog box that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please choose the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this malicious task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ software, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by ‘ad-supported’ application. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
TSearch adware automatic removal
There are not many good free antimalware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, adware, hijackers and other PUPs. We suggest to use several applications, not just one. These applications which listed below will help you delete all components of the ad-supported software from your disk and Windows registry and thereby remove TSearch adware.
How to automatically get rid of TSearch adware with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your computer of the ad supported software. The utility is an advanced malicious software removal program designed by (c) Zemana lab. It’s able to help you delete potentially unwanted software, browser hijacker infections, malicious software, toolbars, ransomware and TSearch adware that cause undesired popup ads to appear.
- Download Zemana antimalware (ZAM) by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button to start scanning your PC for the TSearch that causes a huge number of intrusive pop ups. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- Once finished, you will be opened the list of all found threats on your machine. All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Next”. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC system.
Scan and free your personal computer of adware with Malwarebytes
Remove TSearch adware manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free application will help you to get rid of malware, PUPs, toolbars and browser hijacker infections that your system can be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes (MBAM) by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan Now” button It will scan through the whole system for the TSearch ad-supported software which causes undesired popup advertisements. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When finished, you’ll be opened the list of all detected items on your machine. All found threats will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply press “Quarantine Selected”. Once that process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC.
The following video offers a steps on how to delete browser hijacker infections, ad supported software and other malware with Malwarebytes.
Use AdwCleaner to get rid of TSearch ‘ad supported’ software from internet browser
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can scan your PC for a wide range of security threats like malicious software, adwares, PUPs as well as TSearch adware that causes intrusive ads. It will perform a deep scan of your computer including hard drives and Windows registry. When a malicious software is detected, it will help you to delete all detected threats from your PC by a simple click.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
Once the download is complete, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once the utility is started, you will see a screen as shown in the figure below.
Further, click “Scan” button for checking your computer for the TSearch that causes a large amount of unwanted popup ads. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. Once the system scan is done, it’ll open you the results as shown in the figure below.
Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Clean” button. It will display a prompt as on the image below.
You need to click “OK”. After the procedure is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC. When your computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
These steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
Running an ad blocker program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocker applications will also protect you from malicious ads and web sites, and, of course, block redirection chain to ad web sites.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is done, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will run automatically and block ads, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How does your computer get infected with TSearch
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the TSearch adware that made to redirect your web-browser to various ad web-sites. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-ups and unwanted harmful web-pages) and Zemana Anti-malware (to periodically scan your PC system for new malicious software, browser hijackers and ad supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, malicious software and ad-supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove TSearch from your web-browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.