Have you found that your web browser is redirected to a previously unseen site called jurnal-only.org? If you answered ‘Yes’ then your need to know that your PC system is infected with an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). The ad supported software is a type of dangerous software that alters your computer’s web browser settings so that you will be randomly redirected to an unwanted advertisements. Follow the few simple steps below as soon as possible It will clean your personal computer from the adware and thereby remove annoying jurnal-only.org pop-up ads. Moreover, the few simple steps will help you to block the ability to penetrate of more dangerous viruses and trojans on your computer.
The adware can change the settings of the Google Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer, but often that a malicious software like this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time open the web browser to see jurnal-only.org unwanted ads.
What is more, the adware may display advertisements depend on a web site that you are visiting. That is, it’s clear that this ad-supported software, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The ‘ad supported’ software may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
So, obviously, you need to remove the ad-supported software as soon as possible. Use the free instructions below. This guide will help you clean your computer and thereby delete the jurnal-only.org unwanted pop-up ads.
Tips to prevent jurnal-only.org pop-ups
How to manually remove jurnal-only.org ads
This guide will allow you remove jurnal-only.org pop-ups. These jurnal-only.org removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web browser or reboot your PC. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Delete jurnal-only.org from Firefox
- Remove jurnal-only.org ads from Chrome
- Remove jurnal-only.org ads from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of jurnal-only.org redirect
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It’ll open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It’ll open a list of all software. Scroll through the all list and remove any suspicious and unknown programs.
Delete jurnal-only.org from Firefox
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove jurnal-only.org ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to delete the malware and adware, as well as to restore the web browser’s settings that have been changed by ad-supported software.
- Now launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next, click the “Reset” button.
- When this procedure is complete, your internet browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage and search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove jurnal-only.org ads from Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu as shown below. Next, press the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of jurnal-only.org redirect
When the ‘ad supported’ software is started, it can also alter the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the internet browser, it will be redirected to an annoying ads.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying jurnal-only.org web page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all the tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This opens a dialog box that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove jurnal-only.org with free malware removal program
Manual removal jurnal-only.org requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad-supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free applications will help you to remove malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is done, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ‘ad supported’ software which redirects your web browser to the jurnal-only.org annoying web-site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the system scan is finished, it will open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your PC system. When the process is finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop jurnal-only.org pop-ups and other annoying web-sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web-sites, you need to use program that blocks access to harmful advertisements and pages. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading is complete, launch the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is finished, you will see a window like below.
You can press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop ads, pages like jurnal-only.org, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with jurnal-only.org advertisements is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove jurnal-only.org , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the utility is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, press the “Scan” button to begin scanning your computer for the ad supported software which generates jurnal-only.org advertisements.
- Once the system scan is done, AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step guide above on how to remove adware with AdwCleaner.
Now your personal computer should be free of the jurnal-only.org pop-ups. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and unwanted harmful web-sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your PC for new malware and ‘ad supported’ software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs and ad-supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove jurnal-only.org advertisements from your system, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.