The advancepctools.info is a web-page which can be loaded into your internet browser with the help of adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). The ad-supported software may modify the settings of web-browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge or install a malicious browser extension, which created to generate lots of annoying pop-up ads. It’ll lead to the fact that when you run the browser or surfing the Web, it will always be forced to display advancepctools.info popup ads, even when your web-browser is configured to block pop-ups or your computer has a program that stops pop-up ads. On current date, the ‘ad supported’ software continues to increase the number of systems that have been infected.
The malicious programs from the adware family that alters the settings of internet browsers usually affects only the Chrome, FF, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The ‘ad supported’ software may change the Target property of a web browser’s shortcut, so every time you launch the browser, instead of your start page, you will see the annoying advancepctools.info ads.
What is more, the ‘ad supported’ software may show ads depend on a web-page that you are visiting. That is, it’s clear that this ‘ad supported’ software, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The ‘ad supported’ software may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
We recommend to remove the ad-supported software, which redirects your web browser on the advancepctools.info unwanted web-site, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other malicious software on your machine.
How does advancepctools.info popup ads get installed onto PC system
How to manually remove advancepctools.info advertisements
If you perform exactly the step-by-step guide below you should be able to remove the advancepctools.info ads. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your web-browser or reboot your personal computer.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
- Get rid of advancepctools.info pop-up ads from Chrome
- Delete advancepctools.info advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
- Delete advancepctools.info from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove advancepctools.info redirect
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown in the figure below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications. Scroll through the all list and delete any suspicious and unknown programs.
Get rid of advancepctools.info pop-up ads from Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as on the image below and click the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Delete advancepctools.info advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the ad supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the reroute onto advancepctools.info web-page.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Next, click the Help button () as shown in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser address bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the ‘ad supported’ software. Once it is finished, press the “Finish” button
Delete advancepctools.info from Internet Explorer
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu as on the image below. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press on “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove advancepctools.info redirect
When the adware is started, it can also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the web-browser, it will be rerouted to an unwanted ads.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your computer, it will open advancepctools.info unwanted site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will display a dialog box which titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ application. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of advancepctools.info with free malware removal program
Manual removal advancepctools.info requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is done, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole computer to find out adware that redirects your browser to the advancepctools.info unwanted web site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the system scan is finished, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your machine. Once the task is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop advancepctools.info pop-up ads
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying ads and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that stops access to dangerous advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the program can stop the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop advertisements, advancepctools.info redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove advancepctools.info and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes cannot delete the unwanted advancepctools.info redirect from the Google Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for ‘ad supported’ software, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: October 22, 2019
When downloading is complete, open the directory in which you saved it. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Now, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the malicious extensions and adware that displays ads from advancepctools.info page. When it has finished scanning your system, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”. Once the clean-up is complete, AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your system.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the AdwCleaner to remove adware, browser hijackers and other dangerous software.
After completing the instructions outlined above, your computer should be clean from malware and ‘ad supported’ software. The Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will no longer display advancepctools.info unwanted pop-up ads and redirect you to unknown web-pages. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the scanning is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted advancepctools.info pop-ups.