What is SparPilot.com
The SparPilot.com is classified as a browser hijacker. The appearance of SparPilot.com in your browser means that your computer is infected with a browser hijacker, which makes changes to the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge ‘s settings, replacing the homepage, new tab page and search engine by default. So, if you find that when you start your web-browser, it opens this annoying site, then you do not need to wait, you need as quickly as possible following the instructions below and remove SparPilot.com homepage.
Most often, the SparPilot.com hijacker affects the most common internet browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge. But such browser hijacker infections as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://www.sparpilot.com’ into Target field of a browser’s shortcut). So every time you open the browser, it will display SparPilot.com search. Even if you setup your homepage again, it is still the first thing you see when you run the internet browser will be the annoying SparPilot.com web-page.
The SparPilot.com hijacker may also change the default search engine that will virtually block the possibility of finding information on the Internet. The reason for this is that the SparPilot.com search results may show a huge number of ads, links to malicious and misleading web sites. Only the remaining part is the result of your search request, loaded from the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
We suggest you to remove SparPilot.com homepage and clean your PC as quickly as possible, until the presence of the hijacker has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the step-by-step instructions that will allow you to completely remove SparPilot.com homepage, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How to SparPilot.com hijacker get installed onto PC system
How to manually remove SparPilot.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove SparPilot.com search from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- Remove SparPilot.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove SparPilot.com new tab
- Remove SparPilot.com new tab from Chrome
- Delete SparPilot.com search from FF
- Remove SparPilot.com search from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Remove SparPilot.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove SparPilot.com search
During the installation, the browser hijacker infection may also change the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding “http://www.sparpilot.com” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the internet browser, it will display this unwanted web-page.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove SparPilot.com new tab from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus restore the home page, newtab page and search provider by default that have been modified by the SparPilot.com hijacker infection.
Start the Google Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter. The web-browser will open the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Google Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the internet browser settings including homepage, search engine by default back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC.
Delete SparPilot.com search from FF
If the Firefox settings such as home page, newtab page and search provider by default have been changed by the browser hijacker infection, then reseting it to the default state can help.
Run the Firefox and press button to show the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will show the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the SparPilot.com infection. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove SparPilot.com search from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to remove SparPilot.com with Antimalware
Remove SparPilot.com hijacker infection manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for SparPilot.com infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block SparPilot.com
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new annoying advertisements and malicious pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising banners and pages. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, web pages such SparPilot.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Remove SparPilot.com hijacker and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
Once finished, open a directory in which you saved it. You will see a icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Start” button to perform a system scan for SparPilot.com adware and malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC system.
When your personal computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for SparPilot.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with SparPilot.com removal.