When you use the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge, the popup ads may show up from time to time. But if you are seeing that these unwanted ads from the try.thebettertab.com web-site, then most probably that your computer is infected with some unknown “ad-supported” software from the adware family.
What is try.thebettertab.com
The try.thebettertab.com is a web-site created to make money. It can display annoying advertisements within the Internet browser and redirect you on other ad web-pages. The adware may display various unwanted ads: pop-up ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. As a result of the adware infection, your browser will be full of advertisements, and your PC will be slower and slower.
While your computer is infected with the adware, the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge may be rerouted to try.thebettertab.com. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may display a tons of annoying advertisements.
The try.thebettertab.com ads offers to install a software that replaces the Internet browser’s homepage, new tab page and search engine with a more beautiful and much more functional BetterTab.
So, when the BetterTab is installed, you will see a new startpage each time you start your browser. Moreover, computer parasites like this browser hijacker often change the browser’s search engine by the default, thus collecting data that you are looking for on the Internet.
That is, it is clear that the thebettertab.com, may get an access to your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk. So, obviously, you need to clean your PC and remove try.thebettertab.com ads and BetterTab software as soon as possible. Use the free instructions below.
How does your computer get infected with try.thebettertab.com pop-up ads
The adware get installed onto your computer without any permission. Most cases, it comes from some free applications which are downloaded from the Internet such as E-Mail checker, PDF creator, video codec, etc. Also,it may be bundled within the installation packages from Softonic, Cnet, Soft32, Brothersoft or other similar web sites. So, when you install the free software, if you do not watch carefully in the install wizard, the bundled adware gets installed too.
Even removing a free software that contains this adware, you can not remove all annoying ads, because this adware will be not removed. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to remove try.thebettertab.com adware and clean your computer. To protect your PC in the future, please read “Term of Use” and “User agreement” very carefully before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted program on your PC that will display tons annoying advertisements such as thebettertab ads.
How to manually remove thebettertab
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Thebettertab from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove thebettertab from Chrome
- Remove thebettertab from Firefox
- Remove thebettertab from Internet Explorer
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type Control panel and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click Start and select Control Panel. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click Uninstall a program
It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Remove thebettertab from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button.
Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove thebettertab from Firefox
Open Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button ().
In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on Refresh Firefox button.
Confirm your action. Click on the Refresh Firefox.
Remove thebettertab from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings window. Select the Delete personal settings check box, then click on Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove try.thebettertab.com pop-up ads
Remove try.thebettertab.com ads manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware is a reputable malware removal software. It can automatically detect and remove the adware of the your PC. Moreover, this free software will help you to remove browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too. You can follow these simple steps below to eliminate the try.thebettertab.com unwanted advertisements completely.
- Click on the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your computer.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- You will see the Instalation wizard. Click Next and follow the prompts.
- When you complete the installation, click on the “Scan Now” button to start a full system scan, to find out the try.thebettertab.com infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, check the scan results. Make sure all entries have “checkmark”. Next press “Remove Selected” button to remove all the detected threats, from your PC. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block try.thebettertab.com ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the Setup Wizard program window. Follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block try.thebettertab.com pop-up ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web page. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with try.thebettertab.com pop-ups is still remained
if MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove thebettertab adware, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, PUPs, toolbars, browser hijackers. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: October 22, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for try.thebettertab.com adware.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for try.thebettertab.com ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the New Topic button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.