F-Secure labs found something new spreading on MySpace. It ends up modifying existing profiles, overlaying the content with a message like this:
If you follow the link, you’ll end up with a download. This is a Zlob variant.
Zlob is a Trojan. Zlob attempts to hiddenly download and run other files from remote web sites and shows fake error messages. Zlob copies itself to the Windows folder and changes startup and search pages of Internet Explorer.
Use the following instructions to remove MySpace Trojan Zlob.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Close all programs and Windows on your computer.
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select “Perform Quick Scan”, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
If you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.