Drive Cleaner is rogue privacy/security program that gives exaggerated reports of security and privacy risks on a computer. The program then prompts the user to purchase a registered version of the software in order to remove the reported risks.
During installation, DriveCleaner configures itself to run automatically every time, when you start your computer. Once running, it will scan your computer and reports of security and privacy risks on the computer that cannot be removed unless you first purchase the software. Also the DriveCleaner may drastically slow the performance of your computer. Use the instructions below to remove Drive Cleaner and any associated malware from your computer for free.
Use the following instructions to remove Drive Cleaner (Removal instructions).
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Close all programs and Windows on your computer.
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select “Perform Quick Scan”, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
Note: if you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.