HostsMan is a freeware application that lets you manage your Hosts file with ease.
You can use a HOSTS file to block ads, banners, 3rd party Cookies, 3rd party page counters, web bugs, and even most hijackers. This is accomplished by blocking the Server that supplies these little gems.
- Online update and auto-update of hosts file.
- Enable/disable usage of hosts file.
- Open Hosts file with one click.
- Merge two hosts files.
- Built-in hosts editor.
- Scan hosts for errors, duplicates and possible hijacks.
- Find how many host names.
- Easily install newly downloaded hosts file.
- Create encrypted backups of your hosts file.
- Resolve host names.
- Keep log of latest blocked sites.
- Exclusion list.
- Added: Auto-Updates.
- Added: editable update list.
- Added: option to mark updates as not installed.
- Added: support for proxy basic authentication.
- Added: option to restore original Windows hosts file.
- Added: ‘Additional Information’ window.
- Added: IPv6 support (hosts file).
- Added: comment lines support.
- Added: fix hijack of hosts file (‘databasepath’ registry value).
- Added: support for regular expressions to the Exclusion List.
- Changed: 90% of the code rewritten.
- Changed: memory manager replaced.
- Changed: hosts lock removed.
- Changed: interface updated.
- Changed: exclusion list improved.
- Changed: editor improved (rewritten from scratch).
- Changed: ‘Block Adverts’ removed from update list.
- Changed: HostsServer replaces built-in HTTP Server.
- Fixed: some encrypted backups are not created correctly.
- Fixed: several bugs.
Download HostsMan from here