The “Programmer who cracked your email account and device” message in your mail box is email spam appearing to come from legitimate sources (for example, your private email, your work). Scammers use your email address or other private information to commit identity theft. It stating that you are receiving it due to your email account and device are cracked or infected with a malicious code, and your passwords, contacts and other personal data has been stolen. See an example below.
Full text of the “Programmer who cracked your email account and device” email spam is:
Hello! I'm a programmer who cracked your email account and device about half year ago. You entered a password on one of the insecure site you visited, and I catched it. Of course you can will change your password, or already made it. But it doesn't matter, my rat software update it every time. Please don't try to contact me or find me, it is impossible, since I sent you an email from your email account. Through your e-mail, I uploaded malicious code to your Operation System. I saved all of your contacts with friends, colleagues, relatives and a complete history of visits to the Internet resources. Also I installed a rat software on your device and long tome spying for you. You are not my only victim, I usually lock devices and ask for a ransom. But I was struck by the sites of intimate content that you very often visit. I am in shock of your reach fantasies! Wow! I've never seen anything like this! I did not even know that SUCH content could be so exciting! So, when you had fun on intime sites (you know what I mean!) I made screenshot with using my program from your camera of yours device. After that, I jointed them to the content of the currently viewed site. Will be funny when I send these photos to your contacts! And if your relatives see it? BUT I'm sure you don't want it. I definitely would not want to ... I will not do this if you pay me a little amount. I think $833 is a nice price for it! I accept only Bitcoins. My BTC wallet: 17XHRucfd4kx3W5ty7ySLGiKHqmPUUdpus If you have difficulty with this - Ask Google "how to make a payment on a bitcoin wallet". It's easy. After receiving the above amount, all your data will be immediately removed automatically. My virus will also will be destroy itself from your operating system. My Trojan have auto alert, after this email is looked, I will be know it! You have 2 days (48 hours) for make a payment. If this does not happen - all your contacts will get crazy shots with your dirty life! And so that you do not obstruct me, your device will be locked (also after 48 hours) Do not take this frivolously! This is the last warning! Various security services or antiviruses won't help you for sure (I have already collected all your data). Here are the recommendations of a professional: Antiviruses do not help against modern malicious code. Just do not enter your passwords on unsafe sites! I hope you will be prudent. Bye.
In this misleading message, this so-called “Programmer” claims to have uploaded malicious code to your Operation System and says he will send “crazy shots with your dirty life” — such as screenshots captured through his program from your camera of yours devices — to your contacts (friends, colleagues, relatives).
He promises to go away if you send him $833 through bitcoin
BTC wallet: 17XHRucfd4kx3W5ty7ySLGiKHqmPUUdpus. It’s important to understand that the “Programmer who cracked your email account and device” email spam is social engineering tool. It is created to induce panic in your mind and force you into sending ransom immediately. Don’t panic. Sending ransom to this BTC wallet is, of course, a bad idea.
We advises: do not to pay the ransom. If this fraudulent message make money for its makers, then your payment will only increase attacks against you. You can simply ignore this spam, or other similar fraudulent messages that you get. This so-called “Programmer” do not have cracked your email account and device, nor installed some malicious code to your Operation System.
In fact, it might be smart to perform a scan your personal computer for malware, change passwords for all important accounts and install Anti-Phishing Protection software.
How can you protect your security and privacy online?
Follow the step-by-step guide below for more tips on how to protect your security and privacy online.
- Uninstall dubious applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Protect your security and privacy online with Malwarebytes
- Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
Uninstall dubious applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The simple way to protect your security and privacy online is to uninstall unknown and questionable applications. Using the Microsoft Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up your device from spyware, adware, browser hijackers and so on.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the screen below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and remove all questionable and unknown software. We suggest to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. When you’ve found anything suspicious, then choose this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully delete it from your PC system.
Protect your security and privacy online with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to protect your security and privacy online. When installed and updated, this software will automatically scan and detect all security threats exist on the PC system.
- MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- When downloading is finished, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for security threats. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti Malware will find out threats present on your computer.
- After the scan is complete, MalwareBytes Free will display a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found. Review the scan results and then press “Quarantine Selected”. When finished, you can be prompted to restart your system.
The following video offers a steps on how to remove browser hijacker infections, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
We suggest to install an ad-blocking program that can stop malicious sites, annoying ads and other unwanted web-pages. IT security professionals says that using ad blocker software is necessary to protect your security and privacy info when surfing the Web.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- Once the download is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block unwanted advertisements, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.