If unwanted website named My Email Center keeps showing up as your startpage or search provider then most probably that the malicious software from the browser hijacker family get installed on your personal computer. It is able to hijack your web-browser like Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer to its web site. You will notice that the internet browser start page, new tab and search provider have changed without your permission to My Email Center. Whenever you search for anything in Google (Bing or Yahoo) you will get redirected to other search engines that are 100% commercial. Please read this blog post below for more troubleshooting info. Here’s the complete tutorial that would help remove My Email Center from your internet browser.
In order to force you to use My Email Center as often as possible this hijacker can modify your browsers’ search engine. You may even find that your computer’s settings are hijacked without your knowledge and conscious permission. The authors of this browser hijacker do so in order to generate revenue via Google AdSense or another third-party ad network. Thus every your click on ads that placed on the My Email Center generates revenue for them.
The My Email Center browser hijacker is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, may impose some unwanted changes to current settings of installed web-browsers, and blocks them from modifying. Also this hijacker infection can install additional web-browser plugins and modules that will show ads and popups. And finally, the My Email Center browser hijacker infection has the ability to collect lots of user info about you such as what websites you’re opening, what you are looking for the Web and so on. This information, in the future, can be sold to third parties.
We strongly suggest that you perform the few simple steps below which will help you to remove My Email Center using the standard features of Windows and some proven free programs.
Remove My Email Center (removal tutorial)
When a browser hijacker infection like the My Email Center gets installed on your machine without your knowledge, it’s not easy to remove. Most often, there is no Uninstall application which simply remove the hijacker related to My Email Center startpage from your system. So, we suggest using several well-proven free specialized utilities such as Zemana, MalwareBytes AntiMalware or Hitman Pro. But the best solution to remove My Email Center homepage will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally use antimalware utilities.
To remove My Email Center, follow the steps below:
- Remove My Email Center without any tools
- My Email Center search automatic removal
- Run AdBlocker to stop My Email Center and stay safe online
- How to prevent My Email Center hijacker from getting inside your computer
- To sum up
Remove My Email Center without any tools
To delete My Email Center browser hijacker infection, adware and other unwanted programs you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of the browser hijacker infections won’t show up in your application list, but some hijackers may. In this case, you may be able to remove it through the uninstall function of your MS Windows computer. You can do this by completing the steps below.
Uninstall My Email Center associated software by using Windows Control Panel
First, go to MS Windows Control Panel and remove suspicious software, all programs you do not remember installing. It’s important to pay the most attention to apps you installed just before My Email Center hijacker appeared on your web-browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the Net.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown in the figure below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the following example.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) like below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and get rid of all dubious and unknown programs. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. Once you’ve found anything suspicious that may be the hijacker infection that responsible for browser reroute to the undesired My Email Center page or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then choose this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable application blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your PC.
Remove My Email Center from Chrome
If your Chrome internet browser is rerouted to annoying My Email Center web page, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser program to its original settings.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete My Email Center from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer browser you revert back your browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by browser hijacker infection like My Email Center.
First, run the IE, press ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. It will remove hijacker infection that causes web browsers to show undesired My Email Center web site, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like newtab page, search provider by default and startpage to default state.
Delete My Email Center from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If the Firefox browser homepage, default search engine and newtab are changed to My Email Center and you want to restore the settings back to their original state, then you should follow the step-by-step tutorial below. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Launch the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the screen below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the My Email Center hijacker and other web browser’s malicious plugins. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
My Email Center search automatic removal
The easiest way to get rid of My Email Center browser hijacker is to use an anti malware program capable of detecting browser hijacker infections including My Email Center. We advise try Zemana Free or another free malware remover that listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, hijacker infections and other PUPs.
Remove My Email Center search with Zemana Free
We recommend using the Zemana Free. You may download and install Zemana Free to find and get rid of My Email Center from your PC system. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the system.
- Installing the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) from the link below. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Next, run a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the browser hijacker that designed to redirect your web-browser to the My Email Center web-page. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your personal computer. While the Zemana Anti-Malware tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- When the scan is finished, a list of all items found is produced.
- Review the report and then click the “Next” button. The tool will remove My Email Center hijacker and other internet browser’s malicious addons and add items to the Quarantine. Once the clean-up is done, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Scan and clean your computer of hijacker infection with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a portable tool which finds and uninstalls undesired programs such as browser hijackers, adware, toolbars, other web-browser extensions and other malicious software. It scans your PC system for My Email Center browser hijacker infection and other web-browser’s malicious addons and prepares a list of items marked for removal. Hitman Pro will only erase those undesired applications that you wish to be removed.
Download HitmanPro from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run Hitman Pro on your machine. Once started, press “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker responsible for My Email Center homepage. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the HitmanPro program is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat..
After the system scan is done, Hitman Pro will show a list of detected items.
All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click Next button.
It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
How to automatically delete My Email Center with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your personal computer of the browser hijacker infection. The free utility is an advanced malware removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It’s able to help you delete browser hijacker infections, potentially unwanted apps, malware, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
MalwareBytes Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
After the downloading process is complete, close all apps and windows on your system. Double-click the install file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware on your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, click Finish button. MalwareBytes Anti Malware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed in the following example.
Now press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) program will scan through the whole personal computer for the hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to My Email Center. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
When MalwareBytes Free has completed scanning your machine, a list of all threats found is prepared. Once you have selected what you want to delete from your personal computer click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will begin to remove hijacker that redirects your internet browser to unwanted My Email Center webpage. After finished, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Free to remove ad-supported software, hijacker and other malware.
Run AdBlocker to stop My Email Center and stay safe online
Run ad blocker program like AdGuard in order to block advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your computer performance and impact your PC security. Surf the Web anonymously and stay safe online!
- Download AdGuard by clicking on the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After the downloading process is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-ups, My Email Center redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
How to prevent My Email Center hijacker from getting inside your computer
Most often, the free applications setup file includes the optional adware or potentially unwanted programs such as this browser hijacker infection. So, be very careful when you agree to install anything. The best way – is to select a Custom, Advanced or Manual setup method. Here uncheck all additional software in which you are unsure or that causes even a slightest suspicion. The main thing you should remember, you don’t need to install the third-party programs which you do not trust! The only thing I want to add. Once the freeware is installed, if you uninstall this software, the search provider by default, homepage and new tab page of your favorite browser will not be restored. This must be done by yourself. Just follow the steps above.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be clean of the browser hijacker infection that responsible for web browser redirect to the intrusive My Email Center website. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popups and intrusive harmful websites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your system for new browser hijackers and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete My Email Center redirect from the Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox and IE, then ask for help here here.