Have you become that your browser constantly shows the Safety Online Plus instead of your start page or search engine? Then most probably that your some settings of installed browsers modified and you accidentally installed potentially unwanted application (PUA) ,specifically a browser hijacker, on your computer. You need to follow the step-by-step instructions below sooner to remove Safety Online Plus and protect you from other browser hijacker infections and potentially undesired programs.
When you perform a search via Safety Online Plus, in addition to search results from Yahoo, Bing or Google Custom Search which provide links to web pages, news articles, images or videos you will also be shown a huge number of undesired advertisements. The makers of Safety Online Plus doing this to make advertising profit from these ads.
It is not a good idea to have an undesired program such as Safety Online Plus browser hijacker on your PC system. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The browser hijacker has the ability to gather your personal data which can be later used for marketing purposes. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely do not know what will happen when you click on any ads on the Safety Online Plus web-site.
To find out how to delete Safety Online Plus redirect, we suggest to read the step-by-step guide added to this article below. The guidance was prepared by IT security specialists who discovered a way to delete the annoying Safety Online Plus browser hijacker out of the computer.
How to remove Safety Online Plus search redirect
In the few simple steps below, we will try to cover the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox and provide general help to remove Safety Online Plus search. You may find some minor differences in your Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: uninstall all suspicious and unknown programs, reset web browsers settings, fix web-browsers shortcuts, use free malware removal tools. Certain of the steps below will require you to close this website. So, please read the step-by-step guide carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Safety Online Plus, use the steps below:
- Remove Safety Online Plus start page without any tools
- How to delete Safety Online Plus homepage with free applications
- Stop Safety Online Plus and other annoying web-sites
- How to avoid installation of Safety Online Plus hijacker infection
- To sum up
Remove Safety Online Plus start page without any tools
Steps to get rid of Safety Online Plus hijacker without any apps are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step guidance completely to fully remove this annoying Safety Online Plus .
Uninstall questionable programs using Windows Control Panel
It is of primary importance to first identify and delete all PUPs, adware software and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Windows Control Panel.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown on the image below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown applications.
Remove Safety Online Plus redirect from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the hijacker infection, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s homepage, default search engine and new tab that have been modified by hijacker.
- First, launch the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Safety Online Plus from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If Firefox home page or search engine are hijacked by the Safety Online Plus, your browser displays undesired pop-up advertisements, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Run the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the browser hijacker infection responsible for redirecting user searches to Safety Online Plus. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Safety Online Plus search from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings such as new tab, search provider by default and start page had been hijacked, then you may return your settings, via the reset web-browser procedure.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete hijacker infection responsible for redirects to Safety Online Plus, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as newtab, default search provider and startpage to default state.
How to delete Safety Online Plus homepage with free applications
If your computer is still infected with the Safety Online Plus browser hijacker, then the best solution of detection and removal is to run an anti-malware scan on the system. Download free malware removal tools below and start a full system scan. It will allow you get rid of all components of the browser hijacker from hardisk and Windows registry.
Delete Safety Online Plus redirect with Zemana AntiMalware
We advise using the Zemana Anti Malware. You can download and install Zemana Anti Malware to search for and delete Safety Online Plus from your machine. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC.
Installing the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Anti-Malware on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
Once the download is done, close all windows on your PC. Further, run the set up file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed on the image below, press the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” that will allow you install Zemana Free on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown on the screen below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the hijacker infection which redirects your browser to undesired Safety Online Plus web-page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana application is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as threat.
Once that process is finished, you may check all items found on your computer. Next, you need to click “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware will remove hijacker responsible for redirects to Safety Online Plus and add items to the Quarantine. After disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
Run Hitman Pro to remove Safety Online Plus search
Hitman Pro is a completely free (30 day trial) utility. You don’t need expensive methods to remove browser hijacker infection which cause Safety Online Plus web site to appear and other malicious programs. Hitman Pro will delete all the unwanted apps such as ad supported software and hijackers for free.
- Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, launch the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, press the “Next” . Hitman Pro program will scan through the whole computer for the Safety Online Plus browser hijacker infection and other web-browser’s malicious extensions. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- As the scanning ends, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Run Malwarebytes to get rid of hijacker infection
Remove Safety Online Plus browser hijacker infection manually is difficult and often the hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and adware that your PC system can be infected too.
- Please go to the following link to download MalwareBytes. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, press the “Scan Now” button to scan for browser hijacker responsible for changing your web-browser settings to Safety Online Plus. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Free program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once the scanning is finished, MalwareBytes Free will prepare a list of undesired programs ‘ad supported’ software. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your system press “Quarantine Selected”. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
The following video offers a step-by-step guidance on how to delete browser hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).
Stop Safety Online Plus and other annoying web-sites
Run an ad blocker tool like AdGuard will protect you from harmful advertisements and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam sites. Additionally, adblocker programs will allow you to avoid annoying popups and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as displayed on the screen below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop up advertisements, websites like Safety Online Plus, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How to avoid installation of Safety Online Plus hijacker infection
To sum up
Now your PC system should be clean of the browser hijacker infection which redirects your web browser to undesired Safety Online Plus website. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popups and unwanted harmful web-pages) and Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your PC system for new browser hijacker infections and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Safety Online Plus homepage from the Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer, then ask for help here here.